Apple TV+ Ghosted

Reviews put me off

M4mPLru.png

I think I got through the first half hour or so before I gave up on it. Absolutely dire, it's like a Hallmark film or something you'd see on Channel 5 but with an Apple budget and the product placement to match. I initially thought/hoped the cheesiness was done just for the set-up it soon became clear that wasn't the case at all, and even the wonderful Ana de Armas couldn't save it for me.

Last edited:
Apple budget and the product placement to match.
They didn't use the apple AirTags when they were doing the stalking stuff.

I manage to watch it all on my second attempt. I switched it off after 15 minutes on the first watch, too cringle rom.com for my liking. Does get better 30 minutes in but it's a high barrier to entry. Overall not a bad movie with some good action scenes and funny moments but it losses steam about 1 hour in.

5/10

They didn't use the apple AirTags when they were doing the stalking stuff.

I manage to watch it all on my second attempt. I switched it off after 15 minutes on the first watch, too cringle rom.com for my liking. Does get better 30 minutes in but it's a high barrier to entry. Overall not a bad movie with some good action scenes and funny moments but it losses steam about 1 hour in.

5/10
Actually, that would probably explain the general feeling on this forum, it did lean more rom-com with a bit of action than action with a bit of rom-com.

As a non-rom-com-hating household, that would explain why we thought it was passable.

I watched this a few weeks ago, I'd hoped it would be good, but it was pretty poor, don't actually think I made it to the end, or if I did I have no recollection of how it ended. Initial premise was good, but after that it turned into a below average rom/com/action film.

Back
Top Bottom