Apple TV or Paramount +

Associate
Our Disney+ is about to run out and we want try one of the other streaming services eirther Apple TV or Paramount+. Anyone tried both and which one they thought was best?

I find Paramount better as it has much more content, currently there is a free 1 month trial using code: wemissu1mf

Apple doesn't have much content but the shows that are on there are normally quite high quality. Once you watched the ones you want, I don't see any reason to keep subscribing for £9/mtn

Last edited:
If I signed up to 3 streaming services, which 3 would cover the film back-catalogue the most? I had the impression that the biggest 3 were Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney+. I've got the latter 2, so if I added Netflix, would that cover 99% of the films? They all seem to be around £80-£90 per year.

I'm mainly asking because I added a few dozen films to my Amazon watch-list in 2023 that I was intending to watch in 2024. These were included with Prime, only to find that nearly all of them are now pay-walled to Prime members. Disappointed to say the least!

Paramount is better than Apple with lots of choice and some good content. Apple has rather limited content and as another poster has said, join for a month, watch, then leave.

Paramount+ has more shows on and adds newer ones more often, Apple is one of those you could get 2 months a year and binge through that years releases and still have time left.

Apple TV has a lot of long trials so keep checking hotdeals. Currently there is a 3 month trial for BT TV customers.

Whilst they do not have the biggest catalogue there are a lot of very good shows. Slow Horse, Silo, Foundation and of course Ted Lasso are top tier.

As others have said, Apple has some great quality stuff but its a relatively small selection. Theres very little film choice on Apple compared to the Tv selection which isnt huge either.

If you can get a free trial or discounted trial ( see the bay etc ) then definitely give it a go.

I'd say AppleTV+ if you wanted high tv quality shows, in 4k Atmos. Obviously for films there are some but it isn't something I look for. I've no idea about Paramount apart from the fact that they don't do 4k which imo should be a standard on any service at this point.

Apple TV +, has some quality tv series, it’s worth it just for Slow Horses series.

Others I enjoyed, Servant, Silo, Echo 3. Loads of other popular stuff I’ve yet to try.

Last edited:
Couldn’t tell you anything I’ve watched on Paramount to be honest. Yet we’re currently going through another show on AppleTV and again it’s too notch.

Bad Sisters, Slow Horses, Black Bird. All fantastic. Pay for quality, not quantity. We’ve got Masters of the Air cued up, The Morning Show, Severance. There’s enough on there.

Bit of a faff but I no longer just leave streaming services running like I used to with all the messing about with plans, silly price increases and ads and so many **** shows, just subscribe here and there for a month, or special offer duration, at a time - usually after awhile of being unsubscribed you start getting (repeat) special offers (aside from Netflix).

Back
Top Bottom