Apple Watch - Sports Exercise

Soldato
Hi all,

Yesterday I played Squash for about just under an hour and I was wearing my Watch the whole time. Half way through I checked my heart rate and it was registering at 165bpm (which is the highest I’ve seen it yet - I was running around like a headless chicken all game :p)

However, I’ve just noticed my watch only recorded 22 mins of exercise over the course of that day.

What would be the reason it wouldn’t have recorded that game as exercise? Do I need to manually setup that I’m playing Squash for it to record?

Thanks,
Marky

Associate
Yes, automatic tracking will only work for very certain activities (such as outdoor walking etc) so you’ll need to start a workout from the workout app and stop it at the end. It’ll sample your heart rate more frequently and provide more accurate data.

If you want better automatic fitness tracking you’ll need to get something like a Fitbit.

Soldato
OP
Yes, automatic tracking will only work for very certain activities (such as outdoor walking etc) so you’ll need to start a workout from the workout app and stop it at the end. It’ll sample your heart rate more frequently and provide more accurate data.

If you want better automatic fitness tracking you’ll need to get something like a Fitbit.

Cool, thanks :) I'll try and remember next time!

Soldato
Yeah definitely try and do that.

Also make sure that the watch strap is tight. I play 5-a-side as a keeper and have found that if an impact causes my watch to think it's been taken off and it locks. Even when you're recording an activity it stops tracking.

Back
Top Bottom