Apple's March 21st 2016 event

Caporegime
OP
Suspended
So what I forecasted is likely to be true. I dunno. Now might be the time to break away from Apple. They're just getting greedier and greedier every year. Getting the customer to pay for their car research and new HQ with increased pricing.

That is what I have done. I'm down to just a couple of pieces of kit now and I've been pleasantly surprised by the alternatives, especially the more wallet friendly prices.

If they were coming up with real ground breaking products - as they have in the past then the higher pricing makes it more bearable. However, we just seem to be getting small incremental improvements to existing products now yet the prices keep rising.

Soldato
So what I forecasted is likely to be true. I dunno. Now might be the time to break away from Apple. They're just getting greedier and greedier every year. Getting the customer to pay for their car research and new HQ with increased pricing.

So you expected the same specs as the larger pro for the same price as the air 2?

Caporegime
I've a 3rd generation Ipad. Time to retire the old girl.

Same but I'm starting to think I should look elsewhere. I was set on another ipad but all they are doing is adding the pro name for £100. The speed bump would have come anyway even if it was an air 3, the starting size too would have had to have a bump. So basically I feel like I'm getting extra speakers.

I guess I'm the lazy apple buyer they thrive on. I have know nothing about equivalent Samsung devices or how their line up is derived/named so we tend to plod along with I devices. That and I like the 4:3 size of the ipad. I know they do samsung ones now I just as I said haven't a clue on their range.

Soldato
Same but I'm starting to think I should look elsewhere. I was set on another ipad but all they are doing is adding the pro name for £100. The speed bump would have come anyway even if it was an air 3, the starting size too would have had to have a bump. So basically I feel like I'm getting extra speakers.

Faster processor, double RAM, double storage, extra connector, double speakers and new type of screen for the pencil - for £80 more than current Air 2. Seems reasonable to me.

Associate
Do iPhone's get announced at this time of year? Needing a new phone and if the silly headphone jack rumours are true, I need to read up on android phones and pick one.

Caporegime
Faster processor, double RAM, double storage, extra connector, double speakers and new type of screen for the pencil - for £80 more than current Air 2. Seems reasonable to me.

Faster processor would have happened anyway it always does.
Double RAM it needed more anyway and as above would have been increased.
Double storage-again same with iphone base storage needed moving

All those things would have come regardless of a pro tag and they could have still sold the ipad air 2 as the entry model. So they are basically adding on £80 or more for a screen for pencil support and speaker. Only doubt for me would they have doubled the ram? I'm not sure they would in the normal 12 month cycle but this is longer than the normal ipad cycle and I take those first three items as what would have happened on an Air3. The required performance and storage upgrades.

Odd thing to do considering ipad sales are only going one way.

Soldato
Yes a fair point but I'm sure most would have been happy with the other increases at the same price point. I wonder if they Air3 in september?

Market trends for tablets seem to show people upgrading in similar fashion to laptops (expecting at least 5 years per purchase) so I wouldn't be shocked to see Apple move to a 2 or 3 year upgrade cycle; pro-regular-pro etc

Back
Top Bottom