Application Error: The memory could not be read

Associate
This computer is HP Compaq 8000 Elite SFF.

The following is what appeared on the screen after it automatically ran through a CHKDSK.

" Application Error: The instruction at 0x00007FF87BC555A3 referenced memory at 0x0000000000000000. The memory could not be read; Click on OK to terminate the program "

Although it said, 'Click OK to terminate the program', I had to turn it off manually.

I re-started the computer with Shift Key & Start button. Used the keys and got to Troubleshoot. A message said to " Change the Keyboard language (from US) to UK "

I attached a different Keyboard, Each time I turn the computer of there is a slight change in a part of Application Error, as seen below.
" 0x00007FFA78A055A3 referenced memory at 0x0000000000000000 "

Once, I tried to get into Troubleshooting using F11 key; but Application Error again appeared, in another window, top left of screen, occupying about ¼ of screen area,

I have two important documents to retrieve. What procedure will get me out of this, please?.

Thank you for any advice.

Soldato
If you can get back to troubleshooting
Try booting in safe mode
Or use a bootable usb with some sort of live OS
Ubuntu for example
But there's windows PE ones too
If you can boot those should be able to copy
The documents off
Assuming it's not the hard dive failing

Associate
I have two important documents to retrieve. What procedure will get me out of this, please?.

Thank you for any advice.
You could try Knoppix to retrieve the files via bootable CD.

I've used it years upon years but did when a Hdd failed to retrieve data.

I haven't had the need in years to retrieve data so maybe USB option is more viable for yourself.

Soldato
If you can access the troubleshooting options then you can load command prompt and retrieve your files that way - assuming they're not damaged.

Back
Top Bottom