Application help

Soldato
OP
If the app supports it, it will ask when you install.

Its from the App Store, looks like I can't do it, I tried moving the app into my users/applications folder but it still shows in the launchpad for the other users despite not being in the main applications folder.
No big deal.

Last edited:
Soldato
Edit - Ignore as i see you've already tried ~/Applications.

Edit 2 - Just tested under 13.5.2 (with a 'standard' user and an Appstore app) to make sure i wasn't going completely senile, as this was always the usual solution.
Copy (moving will create an alias/shortcut) the app to users ~/Applications (equates to /Users/username/Applications; create if it doesn't exist) and then delete out of the (systems) Applications folder; give Launchpad a few seconds/minute to update.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Its from the App Store, looks like I can't do it, I tried moving the app into my users/applications folder but it still shows in the launchpad for the other users despite not being in the main applications folder.
No big deal.
See if you can find the app outside of the App Store, they usually have more options.

Soldato
OP
Edit - Ignore as i see you've already tried ~/Applications.

Edit 2 - Just tested under 13.5.2 (with a 'standard' user and an Appstore app) to make sure i wasn't going completely senile, as this was always the usual solution.
Copy (moving will create an alias/shortcut) the app to users ~/Applications (equates to /Users/username/Applications; create if it doesn't exist) and then delete out of the (systems) Applications folder; give Launchpad a few seconds/minute to update.

I was holding down command key and dragging app from main applications to users applications.

Will try your method some time. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom