Application that only responds to IR sensor

Soldato
Hi guys,

I recently purchased some lightwaverf stuff - the radio controlled light switches.

Works a treat, but I'm looking to extend their functionality by creating something that will allow me to use my all in one remote to control them.

My all in one remote is IR only so what I'm looking to do is connect a IR sensor to my server (which is just running windows 7 and is always on) and write an application that when it detects my chosen IR signal sends the command to the lights in the room.

The sending the command to the lights isn't a problem (it's just an http request) and neither is writing the application - my problem is how to use the IR sensor.

I've never had a USB PC IR sensor before so I've no idea how the input is seen by the computer. Could I just make it do keystrokes? I.e. the IR sensor detects the on signal and just send the letter "a" to my application.

If it does work like that does anyone know how how I could make my application specifically detect only input from the IR sensor and not my keyboard? Don't want to turn the lights on and off every time I press A on the keyboard :)

Anyone had any experience with this kind of thing?

EDIT: Should point out that I already have the lightwaverf WiFi link that allows me to use my phone to control the lights. It's just in my cinema room the ONE thing that's not controlled by the all in one remote is the lights - which is kinda annoying :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom