Approved Used BMW - haggling potential?

Soldato
The last two BMWs I purchased I got them to throw in the next service as part of the deal. My car I signed up for finance as they have a lot more wriggle room for a deal if your taking finance. After you pick the car up the finance starts from that day you then have 14 days to cancel but you will pay interest on each day it runs if cancelling it. Mine worked out about £8 per day and theres no penalty other then that, the dealer still get their contribution too.

Soldato
I don't know anyone seriously into their cars that hasn't had some form of discount from BMW AUC.

I find they tend to mark them up a little and some dealers will entertain 5-10% as long as you read them correctly, sometimes hardball works, sometimes the soft approach works.

I've found Sytner and stratstone around me easy enough to deal with, but it can be very region specific

Soldato
Are you desperate? Give it a few weeks and see if it's still there and then ask about discounts. It may have just come in or they have strong enough sales.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Stratstone wouldn't move even a single penny on the price when I bought my 535d from them. I did end up getting some money off after I noticed a bit of damage they'd "not noticed" before I drove hundreds of miles to pick it up, but in terms of actual negotiation they steadfastly refused to budge whatsoever.

It was, however, reasonably keenly priced to begin with.

Soldato
Soldato
What? I've never ever bought an auc at sticker price. There is always room to move.

The less popular the car the easier it is. The 530e is fairly unloved so there should be scope for a good deal.
Most popular G30 model I see is probably 530e trawling the M1

Man of Honour
Most popular G30 model I see is probably 530e trawling the M1

As a company car tax dodge yes as a private purchase no. It's 40 litre fuel tank and 2 litre petrol engine makes it seriously compromised for a 5 series.

So lots of demand for new ones without the demand for used ones...

Back
Top Bottom