Apps with no coding software

Associate
Hi guys, seen a few vids of people making apps with software that doesn't require any coding. Some of them look really good and have done really well. Have any of you used this kind of software and is it any good?

Soldato
No coding? o.O

I know you can use things like PhoneGap using JS, HTML, etc.

Do you have any examples?

It is a bad idea anyway, how will you add updates that are more complex than the software doing the 'coding' for you? Or for bug fixing?

Better off learning how to do it.

Caporegime
You can pay people to develop an app if you have an idea you want to see developed. Otherwise if you want to make your own just learn to program, Android is very easy to develop on.

Soldato
Just took a look at GameSalad myself.

If you want to make very simple games without knowing how they work (Maybe for testing out your graphics) It should be 'OK'

But you are very limited in what you can do with it, and even if you do learn how to code, you can still not open GameSalad apps in Xcode to add un-supported stuff.

So it's a nice idea for people that do not want to take the time to code, but at the same time, pretty pointless for anything other than a very basic game.

Associate
Just took a look at GameSalad myself.

If you want to make very simple games without knowing how they work (Maybe for testing out your graphics) It should be 'OK'

But you are very limited in what you can do with it, and even if you do learn how to code, you can still not open GameSalad apps in Xcode to add un-supported stuff.

So it's a nice idea for people that do not want to take the time to code, but at the same time, pretty pointless for anything other than a very basic game.

I agree with "Neodite". GameSalad is an app which helps us to develop a game without any programming knowledge.*

Back
Top Bottom