Aqua Computer Octo question

Soldato
I'm thinking of upgrading my whole eco system to run on Aqua Suite using the Octo but i have a question about the RGB connection for different fans, light strips etc.

Am i right in thinking if i want to hook up some aftermarket non Aqua Computer rgb strips i would need the following:

Then control is via the internal usb header and aqua suite?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just thought, i think i only need to control RGB so could i get away with just the Farbwerk? It says the aquabus version.. can i use it as a standalone with the Aqua Suite? This infrastructure is so confusing.

Soldato
Octo, short RGBpx cable, and one RGBpx-to-ARGB adapter... yep. That's what I use for mine. It's bloody brilliant!!
Control is via the USB, but once you set it up it will run all on its own, if you like. I was thinking of doing this with a Farbwek Nano for a friend who wants to RGB-ify her TV.

Edit - Yes, the Farbwerk kit will also run standalone. You only need the USB connection to change settings.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Octo, short RGBpx cable, and one RGBpx-to-ARGB adapter... yep. That's what I use for mine. It's bloody brilliant!!
Control is via the USB, but once you set it up it will run all on its own, if you like. I was thinking of doing this with a Farbwek Nano for a friend who wants to RGB-ify her TV.

Edit - Yes, the Farbwerk kit will also run standalone. You only need the USB connection to change settings.
Great stuff! Thats exactly what i wanted to be clarified!

Been looking at all of this and thinking holy crap its complicated as there's so many little connections, cables and how each device communicates with each other.

i think i might just get the Farbwerk for RGB to save a few buck. I see there's different versions though, some don't even have a shroud and just bare pcb with connections on it. Is there a difference between them aside from the shroud/cover obviously.

Soldato

Been looking at all of this and thinking holy crap its complicated as there's so many little connections, cables and how each device communicates with each other.

i think i might just get the Farbwerk for RGB to save a few buck. I see there's different versions though, some don't even have a shroud and just bare pcb with connections on it. Is there a difference between them aside from the shroud/cover obviously.
There are at least two basic Farbwerks, one for 12V RGB and one for 5V ARGB.

There's also a Bluetooth variant, and a phone app!

Soldato
OP
There are at least two basic Farbwerks, one for 12V RGB and one for 5V ARGB.

There's also a Bluetooth variant, and a phone app!
Best make sure i select the correct one then, i can't even find a uk seller for this stuff as ocuk don't seem to stock it anymore.

Only found the one with the warehouse in europe.

Soldato

They should all come with the shroud, but it is removable so some photos will show it without.

OK, there are two versions of the plain Farbwerk, one with and one without Bluetooth. Both have four standard female ARGB headers.
You might see the older version of the Farbwerk 360, which has four RGBpx headers on it. I don't know if they even sell those any more.
The new version of the Farbwerk 360 has four standard female ARGB headers and four RGBpx male headers.
There is also the Farbwerk Nano, a tiny single channel device which comes in both internal and External USB versions.

In all cases, each channel will handle up to 90 LEDs, so you can daisy-chain several strips or other devices.
All of them should just need the USB to set it up how you want, and will then run all by themselves... Just plug back in if you ever want to change stuff.

Soldato
OP
They should all come with the shroud, but it is removable so some photos will show it without.

OK, there are two versions of the plain Farbwerk, one with and one without Bluetooth. Both have four standard female ARGB headers.
You might see the older version of the Farbwerk 360, which has four RGBpx headers on it. I don't know if they even sell those any more.
The new version of the Farbwerk 360 has four standard female ARGB headers and four RGBpx male headers.
There is also the Farbwerk Nano, a tiny single channel device which comes in both internal and External USB versions.

In all cases, each channel will handle up to 90 LEDs, so you can daisy-chain several strips or other devices.
All of them should just need the USB to set it up how you want, and will then run all by themselves... Just plug back in if you ever want to change stuff.

Im guessing this is the newer version you're talking about?

I think i'll just get this then, i don't need the LED strips but i can keep them as spares as i'll be using Phantek Neon strips with the 5v adapter which i can plug straight into the Farbwerk.

Is there anything else i might need with this aside from a internal USB hub splitter?

Thinking of getting this one as my board only has 1 internal usb header (Asus ROG Z690-i)

Thanks!

Soldato
Im guessing this is the newer version you're talking about?
Yes, that's the new Farbwerk 360.
The LED strips are still useful as they can be used instead of longer cables, and you can daisy chain them. I like that they're both adhesive and magnetic.

You might want some shorter RGBpx cables, if you plan on adding any Aquacomputer kit. Otherwise just plug other kit directly into the ARGB channel headers.
Worth noting that you can still only use a maximum of 4 channels, ie 3 RGBpx and 1 ARGB.

That Hubby 7 is brilliant. I have one myself as I'm also limited on headers. It still has a maximum power draw, but all my AC kit runs through this without any issue.

Soldato
OP
Yes, that's the new Farbwerk 360.
The LED strips are still useful as they can be used instead of longer cables, and you can daisy chain them. I like that they're both adhesive and magnetic.

You might want some shorter RGBpx cables, if you plan on adding any Aquacomputer kit. Otherwise just plug other kit directly into the ARGB channel headers.
Worth noting that you can still only use a maximum of 4 channels, ie 3 RGBpx and 1 ARGB.

That Hubby 7 is brilliant. I have one myself as I'm also limited on headers. It still has a maximum power draw, but all my AC kit runs through this without any issue.

Farbwerk arrived! I didn't realise how small it is which is really convenient considering where i will be placing it.

Just waiting on the USB HUB splitty now and i'll get the lot tested out.

I noticed it has a flow and temp sensor integrated into the Farbwerk too so im tempted to get the additional sensors to run those connections.

It's a shame a lot of the Aquacomputer stuff is out of stock world wide, i don't know if they can't manufacturer quick enough or are just downsizing. Their products never seem to be in stock.

Last edited:
Soldato
They're a surprisingly small company who make some pretty awesome kit which is always in very high demand. It isn't helped by many German companies not caring enough to ship to post-Brexit UK and faff about with the new requirements.

Soldato
OP
They're a surprisingly small company who make some pretty awesome kit which is always in very high demand. It isn't helped by many German companies not caring enough to ship to post-Brexit UK and faff about with the new requirements.

Yeah i noticed Aquacomputer hasn't renabled UK shipping since brexit. I was gonna order some bits awhile back and it never let me get past the address screen. Shame really, seems like whatever you have now is abit of a gem and i can only imagine use prices will go up because of it.

Soldato
There are still a couple of companies that will ship AC kit to the UK, which is the only option if OCUK don't have it in stock, but it seems all the carriers with which AC have contracts have verboten the UK.

Soldato
OP
There are still a couple of companies that will ship AC kit to the UK, which is the only option if OCUK don't have it in stock, but it seems all the carriers with which AC have contracts have verboten the UK.

Just wanna say im thoroughly impressed with Aquacomputer Aqua Suite! Been playing around with the RGB stuff and holy hell there's so many different configurations! Absolutely blown away! I do wish i had ordered the shorted cables though as you recommended but i'll deal with it for now until i place another order.

Ordered a few other sensors to plug into the board as well like temp sensor and flow sensor which i'll incorporate into the new build.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom