AquaXtreme MP-1 or DD Maze 4 for my setup

Soldato
I'm just about to invest in a new GPU waterblock in an attempt to get my watercooling finished, it's been in a mixed state of affairs for about a year now!

I currently have a Silverprop fusion in my loop, but having gone from an ATI card where the fitting was very good to attempting to fit it onto an Nvidia card last night I found the fitting to be utterly shocking. I have therefore decided to give up with it and try a different block.

So what would people reccommend out of the 2 blocks? I've had a quick look around and seen that the AquaXtreme is considered to be a fairly restrictive design, with the DD being the opposite. I haven't looked at watercooling stuff in ages since I bought my initial setup so am pretty much out of the 'know' at the moment :/

It'll be in the loop with a Storm G4 (original one), Swiftech MCP600 Rev 2 (so essentially the AquaXtreme 50Z), and thermochill 120.3.

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Mekrel said:
Heres a review of the two blocks along with the MCW60, shoot out style.

http://www.3dxtreme.net/index.php?id=3gpublockcomparison1

That's the review I read just before I posted :p

By the looks of that they prefer the AquaXtreme, but jsut thought I'd get a few more opinions from you folks that have probably done more reading around.

Was going to say, from what I remember my G4 is fairly restrictive but the MCP600 is a fairly high flow (or is it pressure, sure someone will correct me :/), pump and so high restrictive blocks should pose no problem, and if anything be better than lower restrictive blocks, sound about right?

Back
Top Bottom