Arcade World UK Flat Packed Cab Kits

Soldato
Has anyone purchased one of these? They get good reviews and i have used the company before and not had any issues. I was just wondering if anyone has has any experience of their flat pack kits. They look great quality and they have the channels cut for T-Moulding (Although from speaking to them some will not work particularly the RGB T-Moulding strips) they are CNC cut inc the control panel, speaker etc) and they come with plexi for the screen, control panel and the marquee. I already have joysticks and buttons, loads of pc hardware (But might use one of my Raspberry PI) and i can get a nice 27" IPS 1080p monitor for about £100.

This is the one i am particularly looking at: https://www.arcadeworlduk.com/products/2-player-27-upright-arcade-cabinet-flat-pack-kit-black.html

Anyone have an opinion?

Soldato
OP
I was just considering buying this and it looks like Arcade World has now closed. After doing a bit of looking into it their trustpilot reviews from as recent as 5 days ago said they have took money for orders and are now not contactable. Website is down and email contact just bounces. Pity really.

Soldato
Aww that's a shocker.
I spent many years ordering from Arcade World for parts at work.

I have 1 of their flat pack cabinets as well.

Soldato
OP
Better off looking at eBay. There a few nice looking pre built Bartop Arcade Machines available and you get buyer protection too.
Not really a fan of the bar top ones but i think i did see some on there that were very similar to the ones AWUK were selling however they are shipped from Romania.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi, I noticed your thread when Googling. I designed and manufactured all the flat pack kits for Aracde World UK and provided them with sole selling rights. As they disappeared without notice/trace about 10 days ago I have moved all the flat pack kits to knockoutarcades.com, which is my website and branded them to Knockout Arcades. The uprights can be found here: https://knockoutarcades.com/upright-arcade-cabinet-kits . Feel free to ask me any questions about the upright. Thanks Scott

Soldato
Hi, I noticed your thread when Googling. I designed and manufactured all the flat pack kits for Aracde World UK and provided them with sole selling rights. As they disappeared without notice/trace about 10 days ago I have moved all the flat pack kits to knockoutarcades.com, which is my website and branded them to Knockout Arcades. The uprights can be found here: https://knockoutarcades.com/upright-arcade-cabinet-kits . Feel free to ask me any questions about the upright. Thanks Scott

Thanks very much for taking the time to post up, sure this will be helpful to the group on here.

Glad to see you are still about and making these chassis, they look lovely :)

Soldato
OP
Thank you for that, i will look into it. :)

Soldato
Better off looking at eBay. There a few nice looking pre built Bartop Arcade Machines available and you get buyer protection too.

Or if you have a 3D Printer then build your own. I've already made a 1/4 Arcade Machine with a Captain Commando theme currently doing a Bartop with a Final Fight Theme.
Generally I browse the ones others have made till I find which one I like and do a Remix version of my own. Got my eye on a two player one next. Slowly getting bigger. :)

Associate
Never would have considered 3D printing one, wouldn't have thought it would be strong enough and would require a ton load of filament. How big are these?

Soldato
OP
Or if you have a 3D Printer then build your own. I've already made a 1/4 Arcade Machine with a Captain Commando theme currently doing a Bartop with a Final Fight Theme.
Generally I browse the ones others have made till I find which one I like and do a Remix version of my own. Got my eye on a two player one next. Slowly getting bigger. :)
Do you have a link or any pics?

Soldato
Never would have considered 3D printing one, wouldn't have thought it would be strong enough and would require a ton load of filament. How big are these?

Do you have a link or any pics?

This is my first one. 1/4 scale Arcade Machine 5" screen
https://www.printables.com/model/787640-arcade-cabinet-for-raspberry-pi-approx-14th-scale
OdOHypW.png

This is my work in progress Bartop 10" screen
RTmsKkT.jpeg

NZTl5pz.jpeg

It will look similiar to this below
YRbqpP3.png

and then 2 Player one with 14" screen I will probably have a go at later in the year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom