arctic cleaning

Associate
i should be reciving a new gfx fan and hsf today so will need to clean all the old gunk off, no i vae here the misses nail varnish remover but not to sure if its going to be ok, it does evaporate but not sure if it leaves behind a residue.

dunno if u lot could tell me if i type out the ingrediants? will try

acetone
aqua
glycerin
methylparaben
bht
dmdm hydantoin
benzophenone-1
lanolin

Soldato
evulboo said:
i should be reciving a new gfx fan and hsf today so will need to clean all the old gunk off, no i vae here the misses nail varnish remover but not to sure if its going to be ok, it does evaporate but not sure if it leaves behind a residue.

dunno if u lot could tell me if i type out the ingrediants? will try

acetone
aqua
glycerin
methylparaben
bht
dmdm hydantoin
benzophenone-1
lanolin

Isopryl Alchohol, cost a couple of quid for a can that will last ages from a well known electrical parts resaler

Soldato
No, it's actually scented with the oil from the fruit. It's more like a chocolate orange.

I recommend Forward Chemicals Cleaning Wipes. They are dry to the touch, but are impregnated with a very nasty solvent that shifts almost anything. You can rub a cpu cooler for hours and leave black marks on these tissues. It really horrified me the amount of carp embedded in the surface of a CPU cooler. Then I was horrified at how much better the cooling was once all the imperfections had been filled with AS5.

Soldato
just try and avoid getting the acetone on anything plastic and you will be fine, seen that if the plastic is the wrong type (eg a calculator) it can dissolve it :p

Associate
OP
Found out my gf's old man had a tup of acetone so ive used that :) my 6800gt was at 77c idle and is now @ 46-47 idle :D im now using the vf700-cu @ 5v

im well pleased with it.. dropped 30c odd and no longer sounds like a 747 at take off

Back
Top Bottom