• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

arctic cooling / ATI Silencer

Permabanned
how are these coolers?

Are they normally better than the stock cooler?

I have a connect3d x800xl and the stock cooler is way to loud under load.

which silencer do i need and how hard are they to fit?

Associate
iBot said:
how are these coolers?

Are they normally better than the stock cooler?

I have a connect3d x800xl and the stock cooler is way to loud under load.

which silencer do i need and how hard are they to fit?

Everytime i replaced my stock cooler with an Artic cooler i have alway seen temps reduced they are very good and a lot quieter than stock cooling.Not very hard to fit either you just need a steady hand..You want Arctic Cooling ATI 4 Rev.2 (X800 Series)

Associate
I agree with them ^^^

Did my old 9800 Pro and it only took me 2 weeks to decide to replace the stock cooler on my current card, despite the fact that you void your warranty

Also remember that the arctic cooler dumps all the heat out of the back of the case - major plus over other aftermarket air coolers

Soldato
Definately go arctic cooling!

I have a ati silencer 5 rev 2 on my x850xt.

I got a drop in temps of about 15-20 degrees C and that was while the card was overclocked from 520mhz on the core to 621mhz! :eek: Memory clocked well too! :)

gt

Soldato
Had an VGA Silencer on my X800 Pro, which let it run with 16 pipes at XT speed and still be cooler than stock cooling @ Pro speed /w 12 pipes. Probably cut the sound by three quarters too. Plus as said above they dump the hot air out of your case. Card and VGA Silencer are still going strong today in my brothers PC and it's been constantly overclocked for about 2 years.

Pitty AC dropped the heat exhaust design with their new Acceleros.

Soldato
fish99 said:
Pitty AC dropped the heat exhaust design with their new Acceleros.

You're bang on!

My mate wanted an aftermarket quiet cooler for his x1900xt. He wondered why the heat exhaust design had been replaced with the 'cook ya motherboard' acceleros!

Agreed - daft move on their part!

gt

Soldato
I was the first to cry at AC's decision to ditch the exhaust, I slated it. However my internal case temps have not increased as much as I thought :)

It is much much quieter now, and definitely worth the £14 I spent

Back
Top Bottom