Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 240 not working?

Associate
Morning all :)

I purchased the above from OCUK earlier this month. All other components arrived yesterday and so the new build finally went ahead.

All went ok with no issues, other than I don't think the AIO cooler is working. The VRM fan on the cpu pump housing is not actually spinning at all, and I can hear no noise from it what so ever to indicate a pump is working.

The fans on the radiator are spinning perfectly fine and are adjustable speed wise, but the actual pump seems to be completely silent with the VRM fan not spinning once.

Temps seem to be rather high also. As I type this the system is currently at 41.79 degrees according to Ryzen master and does not really go below this when completely idle.

The AIO is attached to the CPU fan header as suggested by the manufacturer. Attaching to the AIO pump header on my X570 Strix E motherboard still does not power the VRM fan, or seemingly the pump.

I just wanted to check if I could be missing something here. I would hate to have to remove the cooler. If it is is the case that it is faulty, would it need to be returned to OCUK or resolved via Arctic directly?

Thank you in advance for any help :)

Associate
idle temp doesn't seem that bad TBH. My 3900x running stock idles between 36 and 50 when using chrome (custom WC)

Should be able to feel the pump and check if its working. If the pump wasn't working the fluid would heat up and you'd be able to feel the tubes for that. The fan not working could be the cable not connected right in the unit. The fact the VRM fan doesn't work shows the unit is faulty. I'd be returning it for that reason.

Associate
OP
Thank you for the swift reply. I'll look in to returning it as soon as possible. Would I now have too return it to the manufacturer rather than OCUK since it has been fitted? Such a shame as the build went smoothly otherwise and I'm really looking forward to getting up and running with it, when ever that may be now. Thank you again :)

Soldato
What have you set the fan curve/speed @
I just installed the 360 and vrm fan did not spin up till temps rose a bit.Got mine set up at full speed ,very quiet,i can hardly hear it and all fans spinning inc vrm fan

Soldato
Hope Mark does not mind me posting in here.

I also just installed the 360 version. Had to put it on a silent fan curve though as the VRM fan was a little whiney.

I had install the block upside down as well because no matter how i tried to twist it the tube where being forced into the radiator. Luckily i have never had a problem with VRM cooling and at least my NVME drive is benefiting from it.

For the record it does fit in a Enthoo Pro M, but is a bit of a swine to do. :D
MwdDGKF.jpg

At the moment it is 23/24c idle and 65c full load, virtually silent as well

Back
Top Bottom