• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Are Ada Lovelace graphics in laptops quiet?

Associate
I read a review saying they where very efficient and were also able to run very quiet, even at high performance.

Is that right? Or do the fans run as loud as a lot of others?

Regards
James

Soldato
There's no blanket answer really. Mobile graphics are still heavily power-limited, no matter how efficient the architecture is. There's also the configurable TDP element to take into account, which allows laptop manufacturers to downgrade both performance and cooling requirements without changing the name of the GPU. There are laptops with RTX 4060 Mobile chips in them running at anything from 45W (in slim form factor SKUs) to 140W (technically the official Nvidia limit is 115W, but some offer a "boost" mode up to 140W). You really need to do your research on the exact model(s) you're interested in.

Soldato
It pretty much comes down to the power package vs cooling of the specific laptop.

I've been very impressed by my Dell G15 with the 4060, but in general the laptop's cooling is very good comapred to many others.

Back
Top Bottom