Are gas engineers (home visit) working?

Caporegime
Had a small gas leak on the cooker bayonet fitting requiring a new part.

Emergency engineer came out etc and stopped it.

I'm unsure as if a standard gas engineers can come into your house at present time.

Haven't looked yet as I'm working, just wondering if anyone knows. Can't find out at present time

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I'm a little confused - you're asking whether the engineer can come and fix it whilst also saying the engineer came and fixed it?

The emergency engineer came and sealed it off. We have no gas to the hobs
It was a call out to the emergency glass line

Will need to call another normal glass engineer to come fit it. (which obviously isn't an emergency)

(added "standard" to OP)

Soldato
I'm a little confused - you're asking whether the engineer can come and fix it whilst also saying the engineer came and fixed it?

Ah the delights and confusion of the gas industry in the UK.

As above you should be fine calling out a gas safe registered engineer, its more if they want to come and visit!

Soldato
The emergency engineer came and sealed it off. We have no gas to the hobs
It was a call out to the emergency glass line

Will need to call another normal glass engineer to come fit it. (which obviously isn't an emergency)

(added "standard" to OP)

I personally can't see what use a glass engineer will be! I don't think they'll be allowed to fiddle with the gas! :p

Soldato
Why did you not get a gas man in who fixes problems instead of one that only seals the problem off?

Edit: You called the national gas emergency number to send someone out because your cooker was leaking? Geez. I'd only call them if the gas meter or the pipe before the meter were ******* out gas and I couldn't stop it by turning the valve next to the meter.

Soldato
Why did you not get a gas man in who fixes problems instead of one that only seals the problem off?

Edit: You called the national gas emergency number to send someone out because your cooker was leaking? Geez. I'd only call them if the gas meter or the pipe before the meter were ******* out gas and I couldn't stop it by turning the valve next to the meter.
Although this is what they do by law they are expect to attend any escape of gas not just uncontrolled. (Control being the emergency cut off valve or ECV next to the meter)

Back
Top Bottom