Are Hauppauge TV Cards any good?

Soldato
Moving into a new place soon that can recived Freeview. So was looking at maybe getting a TV card.

Now i have read on these forums that both the Terratec and Compro cards suffer from poor software?

So what is this card like:

Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1100 Freeview TV Tuner (GX-025-HA)

I want to basically recieve analogue tv, view freeview tv, record tv programs, listen to radio and have a remote so i can sit on the bed instead of at me desk etc. I assume also that with this card I don't have to have Windows Media Center, as i only have XP Home.

Thanks

Dont let the lack of a radio tuner deter you from any card, they can be streamed for free.

I'm actually looking for a card myself, but i can seem to get good info on them

Thanks,

There doesn't seem to be a lot of info on TV cards, but I have found a few other manufacturers:

V-Stream
Pinnacle
ADS
Twinhan

Does anyone have any experiance with these? Also I agree the interface looks kind of clunky for the Hauppauge cards, but if they work well and the software is good then might be tempted to try them.

Lifeview cards are kinda scarce (Only appear to be 3 or 4 places which have them, and often not the full range), but as far as I'm concerned they are by far and away the best of the budget range.
Most cards these days ship with an OEM copy of Cyberlink power cinema, which is one of the best media portal softs around, although it does have all the 'interesting' stuff (DVD/ Music/ Photo) disabled.

Love them, even if the QC isn't always perfect.

http://www.lifeview.com.tw

(Have tried a couple of other the value type cards, IMHO not as good ;) )

Cheers

-Leezer-

Back
Top Bottom