Are Nildram port throttling on torrents?

Soldato
I only seem to be able to get about 25KB/s download on a torrent with a health of 2000%. Strangely the upload maxes at about 45KB/s :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
sja360 said:
what client are you using and i presume your on the adslmax?
tried turning on encryption within the torrent program?

I'm using BTComet 0.63 and I'm on ADSL Max.

Enabling encryption doesn't seem to have an affect :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
bigred said:
Try lowering your upload.

"WARNING: your download speed is proportional to your uploads! DSL users please limit under your line capacity or download speed will be affected."

Soldato
FunkyT said:
"WARNING: your download speed is proportional to your uploads! DSL users please limit under your line capacity or download speed will be affected."
But if you're maxing our your upload and *you're* not applying any traffic shaping, then there's a chance that the ACK packets are being delayed. That would slow down HTTP type transfers, not sure what effect it has on Torrent. That statement implies if it's not *under* line capacity, it will affect download speed, so I guess it does have an affect.

So, humour bigred. Lower it to 35k.

Soldato
Even 35K on my MaxDSL connection slows down the download for some reason.

Limit the upload to 10KB/s and then seed it for a bit afterwards if you want to speed the download up.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
On my line, I find restricting my upload to 8KB/s yields the best results enabling me to max out my line (only 256kbit upload here).

When I had 1Mbit upload, even limiting it to 50KB/s did nothing oddly enough, so ended up limiting that to 15KB/s and again got the best results.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Just use Newsgroups :p

I downloaded a torrent at about 200kb the other day so it seems good still (only a small one to actually see what my speed were like, didn't have chance to really get going).

Associate
Torrents are fine here on Nildram, i use utorrent with encryption on. I'm on maxdsl so i have my settings as upload speed 35kb/s and number of upload slots to 10. I Was reaching 400kb/s last night on a torrent.

Soldato
OP
Thanks lads. I think it must have been a slow torrent - panic off :)

I downloaded Pure Pwnage Episode 11 the other day and it came down like greased lightning! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom