• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Are prices of the 2700x expected to drop much after the new cpus launch?

Associate
As title says. Had a 2700x sat in my basket for quiet some time and everyone is saying hang on for the new cpus. I've seen the expected prices but wanted to know if the older series will drop much in price. Right now the 2700x would last me a long time but if I wait and go for the newer stuff then that means getting the 570 mobo along with it which could be more expense added on.
Probably a stupid question I know but after a promotion at work this week I'm in the position to buy now and not have to save for a few months, so my wallet is getting itchy. I bought my 3570k late into its life so not sure about the price drop it received.
*edit: forgot I'd much rather buy new than second hand*

Associate
OP
Decisions decisions.... I mentioned the x570 boards because some but not all 470 and 450 boards will be able to be flashed to pci 4.0? So if that's the case the 570 boards will be more "future proof"? Really noticing the lag in vr on my current set up at the min and dont want it to put me off using it so was thinking the fast upgrade may help with that. But then we are like 9days from the 3 series releases and by the time its delivered and installed it will be about 3 days until release. I dont like my brain sometimes lol

Associate
OP
well i got a good deal on a 2600x and Asus Prime X470-Pro from someone i know so ive gone for that.... £220 with 8 gig of ram to get me started. atleast now i can maybe sell the 2600x if needed and upgrade to the 3 series if the prices begin to drop or treat myself at christmas.

Back
Top Bottom