• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Are the RX5700 XT drivers stable now?

Associate
As per the thread title... I'm trying to get a feel for whether an RX5700 XT will be a hassle-free purchase.

I would be using it with an MSI B450M MORTAR MAX and a Ryzen 5 3600x.

Soldato
As per the thread title... I'm trying to get a feel for whether an RX5700 XT will be a hassle-free purchase.

I would be using it with an MSI B450M MORTAR MAX and a Ryzen 5 3600x.
Wondering the exact same thing..I ordered a 5700XT and swithering if to cancel and go Green Team..

Avoid the cheap 5700XTs like MECH, Evoke, Pulse. You will find those 3 are the culprits behind people reporting genuine issues. (except driver DDU, power cable splitters or matters nothing to do with the GPU).

Get Nitro, Red Devil, MSI Gaming X or even reference. Had no issues with the 5700XT AE since got it in July.

Soldato
Avoid the cheap 5700XTs like MECH, Evoke, Pulse. You will find those 3 are the culprits behind people reporting genuine issues. (except driver DDU, power cable splitters or matters nothing to do with the GPU).

Get Nitro, Red Devil, MSI Gaming X or even reference. Had no issues with the 5700XT AE since got it in July.

I went for the gigabyte oc 5700XT. Is that one of the better models?

Soldato
If i am not mistaken hardwareunboxed and gamers nexus rate it as one of the good ones. This quote from Gamers Nexus review "the Gaming OC is among the two 5700 XT series cards that we can presently recommend."

Thanks for that info. Gonna have a wee browse around at this card and see whats what!

Soldato
I have one mate and it is so quiet and has not missed a beat.

Great to hear :)

Just on YT and seems to get good feedback for the most part on there too!

If you dont mind me asking mate, what your cooling on your PC is like, and what sort of temps does your 5700XT peak at?

Soldato
I have a phanteks case with 2 140's at the front and 1 140 at the rear, temps wise I cannot say I have every really checked them under load. On Idle it hangs around 48-52 depending on how hot the house is.

Soldato
I have a phanteks case with 2 140's at the front and 1 140 at the rear, temps wise I cannot say I have every really checked them under load. On Idle it hangs around 48-52 depending on how hot the house is.

Im guessing with the idle, thats is no fans running? correct? On the GPU I mean.

Soldato
Yes mate, none are on at the moment even when they are they are quiet. My pc is next to my head lol on my desk and I can't say I have ever heard them ramp up.

Soldato
Soldato
As above thats the one. No doubt the temps would be lower if I under volted it, but no found a decent guide as yet, so it is just as it is out of the box.

Back
Top Bottom