Are there any good pool/snooker games?

I always. liked pool nation, or if you have access to a vr headset sports bar VR (by same people I think)

they always threatened to make a snooker add-on for it but I don't think it ever happened

Last edited:
i have Pool nation but seems like the are pushing the : Pool Nation FX Lite - but the DLC's confuse me.. seemslike there business model of trying to encourage people to buy the DLCs but base game free.

this reviewer comment seems to sum it up :
"While this game looks great, plays well, and looks like a very solid development effort, instead of paying for convinience, lot of the game is locked behind paywall in reality.
Don't expect free game, expect a demo for free, and if you like it, than pay to unlock it. It might be worth it. But the grind in free version is impossible."

In a galaxy far far away, I used to play snooker a fair bit '95-'00, but by ~2002 this was replaced by playing Virtual Pool 3 on Gamespy. It was pretty good at the time and not too difficult to get an online game, especially for 9-ball.

VP4 is on offer again in Steam sale for £11.39, I keep thinking of buying it, as I've no idea where my VP3 cd is these days!

Another vote for Virtual Pool 4 (has Snooker too) graphics slightly dated maybe, for the table and the balls,but all that's needed IMHO, the physics are great for an old game.

Just bought Virtual Pool 4 and early play testing - recommendations from the posters in this thread are spot on, it's good!

This is coming from someone who hasn't touched a Snooker/Pool sim since the Archer MacLean Jimmy White day's where playing against the simplest AI destroyed you! Same with Golf sims and playing Robocop AI!

It's been on my Steam Wishlist for years!

Having read this thread, I finally pulled the trigger as its discounted on Steam. It feels natural, the AI (early days playing amateur, finding it's fair; we're both stuffing up easy shots) yet the table/ball/physics and graphics look great, albeit the surroundings are pixelated wallpapers. You soon become so immersed to ignore the dated design as the controls are very intuitive - I can see this as a perfect quick time sink!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom