Are there any Panasonic engineers?

Associate
I decided to post in General Discussion as it involves talking about a wide variety of Panasonic gear which is both hardware & software related.

So I have a Panasonic FZ-M1 pad but it doesn't function correctly and I expect its because of drivers or its simply not designed to run Windows 11. Windows 11 itself takes quite a bit of getting used to, I much prefer Windows 10 because I know where I am with Windows 10.

So I went to the Panasonic's website to look for the drivers for my FZ-M1 however its a minefield as there are quite a few different versions, I believe mine is the mk2 although I am not 100%

Would there any way to tell which model version I have from the serial number, there are a few numbers on the back which I've put into google in the hopes it gives me any clues but nothing other than I "might" have an mk2 of some sort?

Last edited:
Its one of these

3ZrKSpI.jpeg

The numbers that are on the back of the pad are:

FZ-M1 F15OYT3
T1071Z
10R-03 8321
8ATCA64156
L1011

Last edited:
All's I really need now are the utility software for the touch screen & on screen keyboard as its better than the one in Windows. I might be getting another one to play with soon that has no OS but has double the RAM and its a mk3 which is better than the one I currently have.

On the one I have now I think I got a bad deal as the battery drains within half an hour but I can still use it for something, it will just mean I'll have to have it plugged in.

They are nifty little devices and quite useful for certain tasks. The video quality on these is fantastic.

Last edited:
I do like a touch pad / laptop that comes with no OS because its like a blank canvas and gives me something to play around with. When I get the mk3 tablet I might try out Linux on it just out of curiosity to see how a Panasonic FZ-M1 Toughpad functions with Linux. I will of course be putting windows 10 on it and restoring to factory afterwards... I understand support for Windows 10 is nearing its end, still a good year to go so I'll get plenty out of it in that time frame and there is always the option of upgrading for free to Windows 11 from Windows 10.

I remember there was a project called Android x86 I wonder if Android could be installed or maybe even be dual booted with Windows now that would be interesting...

Last edited:
I got the new Panasonic tablet today and I've tested Android 9 on it and it runs ok'ish but apps crash a lot so I'm probably better off having Windows 10 on it and it might even activate because the tablet has a windows 10 sticker on it, the windows license may already be attached to the system.

I might Try out Ubuntu before I install Windows 10 just to play about and see what can be done before I restore it back to stock.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom