Are these idle temps normal?

Soldato
Today I was building a backup pc using my old bits, including an old intel d 805.

I was having difficulty installing the intel cooler, never done it before.. but eventually it felt quite firm, although i could never get every corner to 'click'. Anyway, looking in the bios I saw the idle temp at around 51 degrees... which seemed rather high to me. Fan speed was on 1300~1400 which seemed about right.

I can't remember the d 805 ever running that hot... is it normal? Is there a special trick to getting the fan seated right? I have worn my fingers to the bone pushing on those pins!

ps I also using AS5 to see if it helped... it didnt

Soldato
idle temps in the bios are allways a lot more then when in windows, this is due to no speedstep or any other reducing thing kicking in just yet.

Also AS5 takes abit of time to hit real performance.

And yeh push pin coolers can be a real pain to install, my last one i felt like i was gonna snap the mobo lol.

Associate
i dont think there meant to be that high especially on idle, but there still well within the range for a cpu, u cud reapply the paste on the chip and try reseating the cooler. that might lower temps.

whats the temps at load?

Soldato
You really need to get those push-pins to click mate.

I had problems installing my Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro. You REALLY need to make them all click into place. Otherwise the cooler won't work properly.

Back
Top Bottom