• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Are you DirectStorage ready?

Soldato
The latest iteration of the Gamebar in windows now displays this info, wowzers :eek:

2022-06-24.png

Last edited:

GAC

GAC

Soldato
not ready and dont care for now, as according to the article theres A game due maybe in october that will use it. maybe in 12 months it will be worth the jump to windows 11 unless any current games some how get patched.

Soldato
Worth keeping an eye on.. Should offer a big jump in performance that people would gladly pay good money for if it was a hardware manufacturer promising the same ;)

Soldato
I don't even need to check it I know I'm good

Direct storage has been enabled on windows for some time now just no games use it

Soldato
I've been hearing of this for years now, First with DirectStorage an age ago, Then with Nvidia's RTX I/O which also never materialised, And now with AMD Smart Access Storage which will also likely never materialise.

Soldato
I've been hearing of this for years now, First with DirectStorage an age ago, Then with Nvidia's RTX I/O which also never materialised, And now with AMD Smart Access Storage which will also likely never materialise.
Might be more likely now with the console tie in.

Back
Top Bottom