Are you getting your five-a-day?

Soldato
There's better than Innocent.. forgotten the name. I've only seen it in centre park's village shop thing and tescos and it is in a 1l bottle. JB Juice or somethiing. Some type of smoothie. Reddy pink colour and literally has every fruit invented in it :p

I don't get my 5 a day often. usually a banana, bowl of cheerios(lots of vit C apparently.. says so on the box), orange juice, lettuce with meals etc.

I cancel it out at my school tuck shop anyhow :o

Edit: searched house.. then found on tesco's shopping site:

5036277002459_200.jpg

"5 Squeezed Oranges* (30%), 3 Pressed Apples*, 2 Crushed Mangoes (18%), 1 Crushed Banana, 4 Squeezed Passionfruits* (8%), 1/2 A Crushed Apple, (*From concentrate)

"Each 250ml serving provides you with 2 of your daily portions of fruit and vegetables. Vegetarian SOCIETY. 2 of 5 A DAY. Want fruit? Drink fruit!"

beast :D

http://www.tesco.com/superstore/xpi/4/xpi57135934.htm

(fairly sure that isn't a competitor :p)

Last edited:
Soldato
I get my 5 double extra large meat portions everyday.

MMMM protein addiction.

But i eat salad everyday and have at least one portion of veg with my meal. Will eat a can of tinned fruit a day too. But exam period atm so im off to get another pizza tonight with some cheesy garlic bread, before the big match.

Soldato
I have 4 pieces of fruit each day at work, along with some veg, so I think Im doing alright

As for noticing a difference I cant say I do, I do though If I dont drink plenty of water. The amount of water I drink definitely has an affect on my concentration and my feeling of 'alertness'

Soldato
5 a day is possible but not neccsarily imo as long as you eat healthy and have a regular fruit intake you are ok, but 5 a day? I say no way!

Soldato
zain said:
5 a day is possible but not neccsarily imo as long as you eat healthy and have a regular fruit intake you are ok, but 5 a day? I say no way!

I remember reading that 8 a day is actually preferrable! Its easy anyway, an apple, glass of orange juice, bunch of grapes etc. doesnt really take much effort. And fruit tastes great!

Back
Top Bottom