Are you using an Asus Premium and an Antec NeoHE?

Soldato
If so, how are you finding it?

I've read a whole load of issues on other forums about the combination of the NeoHE PSUs and Asus motherboards, some which seem to be ongoing and some which seem to be resolved. I'm very taken on the Antec P150 as a case and I'd like a modular PSU to go with it - which isn a bonus when you consider that the 430W NeoHE is bundled in with the 150.

However I don't want to buy into a setup that will only cause problems and I'm yet to be 100% convinced that the NeoHE situation has been fixed. Are any of you using the combination of the Asus Premium (or other) and a NeoHE PSU? Did you buy them recently or have you had to get the PSU RMA'd?

I could go for another case, and I could buy the P150 and swap the PSU out, but I like the case and I like the modular PSU so I'd rather go for that option - providing it's actually going to work!

Associate
well i have a neoHE 500w and it works fine with my epox EP-9NPA3 SLI.

From what ive read, if yours has the A3 revision on the serial code it will be fine. Most stocks have been cleared for the new ones now so I think the problem is all sorted. Make sure you update the asus to the latest bios though as that helps in some cases I think.

I know its something to do with the asus readin the volt lines incorectly and the neo shuts down because the mobo tells it its surging or something.

Caporegime
I got a P150 on monday from OCUK just before i read about issues with ASUS boards. When i got it yesterday i stuck in my A8N Deluxe and it works fine. I think its just some of the first neoHEs that have problems so if your going to get it from here you shouldnt have a problem.

If you get a P150 make sure you are really delicate with the flip out covers for the DVD players as they are very delicate. I broke mine within an hour of getting the case when i opened the DVD player when it wasnt in exctly the right position. One of the reviews i read also said they broke one taking the case out of the box!

The neoHE is practically silent too, coming from a hiper 580w there is a massive difference in noise.

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys, useful advice. Especially that bit about the DVD covers, Amp!

How are you finding the P150? Are you using the elastic bands to hold your hard-drives?

Caporegime
Yeah I am, I was a bit paranoid about pulling the chips off the bottom of the hard drive when putting them in but other than that its pretty easy and it definitly seems to have quietened the drives down, i used to be able to hear them write but now they are silent.

Other than the front (bit plasticy) and the colour (not a huge fan of white) its a really good case, definitly quietened my pc down and reduced all temps. My cpu (x2 4400 with evo120 at lowest setting) was about 48 under load in my old case which has now gone down to 44 or less in this one, thats with the provided fan at its lowest and an akasa orange 92mm at 5v.

Back
Top Bottom