Are you working over Christmas?

Associate
I am. :(

The way my shifts have fallen this year are day shifts 24th and 25th, night shifts on 26th and 27th. I can't really complain too much as I have New Year off and I had both Christmas and New Year off last year.

Just interested to see how many of you are in the same boat as me?

Associate
OP
Morning all, and Merry Christmas :D Particularly to those at work today. I've been on duty since 0600.

I've enjoyed reading the replies to this thread, in awe of just how much time some of you have off, and equally sympathetic to those for whom it's not through choice, particularly where futures are uncertain.

Regardless of your circumstances, I hope you all have a fantastic day, whether you're at work, alone, with your family, or something else.

Take care and keep safe.

FB..

Associate
OP
Thought I'd necro this thread rather than create a new one.

Once again, I'm working over Christmas. I'm day shift 23rd/24th and night shift 25th/26th. Got a week off after that. At least I have Christmas Day to spend with my girls.

So, are you as unlucky as/unluckier than me? I've requested next Christmas off as leave. We'll see.

Associate
OP
I work a continuous nightshift rota for a well known large retailer in their distribution centre and over this coming festive period I am scheduled to be off on the 24th, 25th, 26th.

However industrial action is looming which could mean I am off over ten days instead - here's hoping!

Lucky you being off. I heard about the industrial action on the news recently. I'm assuming you work for the green or blue retailer :p

Hope you get the additional time off and/or payrise. Hopefully cost wont, but will be, passed on to us. Also hope we can continue to panic buy as usual for a one-day shop closure :D

Back
Top Bottom