Area 51m r2 upgrade

Associate
Hi, I’m wanting to upgrade my Area 51m r2 from intel i7 10700 to intel i7 10700k or even the intel i9 10th gen, does anybody know if this is possible? Is it as simple as just buying the new chip and putting it in ?

Can’t get a straight answer out of Dell, I just keep getting passed between technical support and sales.
Wouldn’t upgrading the processor make the laptop faster or perform better for gaming ?

Why not ? Wouldn’t it improve gaming ? , don’t get me wrong it’s pretty impressive compared to the MacBook and PS4 which I’ve been using for the last 5 year, and this is my first pc based laptop. The top spec was out of my budget by about £1k when I bought it, but it was advertised as fully upgradable on the dell website.

Dell has confirmed it can be upgraded and service manual shows you how to do it, the only problem is getting the parts, dell has them in stock and ready available but they won’t sell them, they’re reserved for new customers. The intel chips are easily sourced but I’m not sure if they are modified in any way and the 2080 super is impossible to find. Looks like I’ll try the Alienware graphics amplifier which fits the bigger gpu

Strange why dell would and still are advertising this as a fully upgradable system then throw every obstacle possible in your way to stop you upgrading, dell also stock all intel i9 10th gen chips and the nividia 2080 super but won’t sell them unless your buying a new system.

Back
Top Bottom