Argb Hubs

Associate
Evening everyone.

I am currently building a new PC, and have a question about my argb hubs.

I purchased a MSI Gungnir 300r case which has 4 120mm fans connected to a hub, which has two cables that I would presume connects to an rgb header + fan header.

Also my cooler { Corsair H100i Cappelix XT } has 2 120mm fans which connect to a hub !

My question is, if I power both hubs and then connect the msi fan hubs cables to the corsair hub, will this work, or cause issues ?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Last edited:
The Corsair hub probably needs the awful icue software to work. I removed this garbage from my pc after it was causing problems and now control everything ARGB through Windows doing away with multiple different ARGB software. Do the Corsair fans need to be connected to a Corsair hub or can they be connected to any hub? I would try them on a normal hub to see if they can be controlled from there, anything to Avoid icue being installed.

Morning pastymuncher
Thanks for the reply

Here is what the manual says for the icue stuff

Connect pump 24-pin cable to your Commander CORE
Connect pump tach cable to the CPU_FAN header on your motherboard
Connect each fan to the Commander CORE
Connect each fan RGB lead to the Commander CORE

Using the attached USB cable, connect the Commander CORE to a motherboard
USB 2.0 header
Connect pump power cable to an available SATA power plug from your power supply

Would it be safe to connect the corsair fans to the msi hub ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Most, if not all, pc fans are 12v powered these days and modern ARGB is 5v powered (3 pin ARGB header on the motherboard) so as long as they stick to that and they have standard plugs and not their own design to force people to use their own eco system they should be fine. I would be trying everything to avoid having to install icue.

***Edit*** I just looked at a couple of reviews of your AIO and that's exactly what Corsair has done, they used their own design of ARGB connectors so that you have to use their ecosystem so you have no choice but to use their hub and install icue. It's a pretty scummy thing to do but then again it's Corsair. Personally if the AIO hasn't been installed I would send it back for a refund and buy a much cheaper one. You can buy a Thermalright Frozen Prism 240mm ARGB for £50 or the 360mm version for £53, Thermalright Aqua Elite V3 240mm for £54 or the 360mm version for £52 (for some reason cheaper than the 240mm). If you wanted a even fancier ARGB cooler the Thermalright Frozen Notte 240mm ARGB is only £54 with the 360mm version at £71 but it is designed for more performance so the fans are louder at full speed.

Last edited:
Hi

@pastymuncher
thanks for looking up my cooler info.

Indeed the corsair fans were not compatible with the msi stuff.
But I can report that all is well and the cooler fans are lit up and I havent installed any icue software :)

Now I have to install all software now.

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom