Argh constant crashes

Soldato
Hi
System specs are as follows:

kv8pro
3200 newcastle (i think)
asus 9600xt
2 x 512mb pc3200 ram (corsair value select and another brand (not budget))
2 hdd's (wd 120gb sata, hitatchi 80gb ide/pata)
1 cd drive (sony, cdrw/dvd drive)

Basically, i crash all the time. The screen goes blank then says "no signal". Sometimes (once every 15-20 times i'd say) it does come back on, and says something about some ati stuff, but it crashes even without any ati drivers (adn with the latest drivers).

What could be wrong? my psu is a generic 400watt i think (could be 450, can't remember)

Associate
have you got access to another pc so you could swap components about to isolate the faulty component. (That is if it is a hardware error).

BTW is this a new build or did this fault develop after a change in hardware/software/driver or just suddenly start happening?

Soldato
OP
It did have a a7n8x-e dlx, with 2800+, but i swapped heatsinks and broke either the cpu or mobo, i dunno, so i got new mobo (the 64bit one mentioned) and cpu (3200), its been since then, which has been since the summer.

Associate
have you tried reseating the graphics card/ram and memory? If you could easily get another PSU to try in the system that would be good to exclude your PSU as at fault.

You also say that you have two sticks of memory from different manufacturers, is that right? You could try booting with just one stick in, although I appreciete your orginal system had no issues with that.

Also is it worth going into the bios and resetting them to default to see if that helps or perhaps there is a video card setting worth changing?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Not really able to swap with other componants.
I don't think I have tried reseating the gfx card/ram.

IMO, i think it could be due to crap power supply, or i broke my gfx card. But thats just a guess

Back
Top Bottom