• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Arion Benchmark - Test your Hardware

Soldato
Were was I baiting people? Reason I not posted in other bench threads is because I only just started to get involved in these threads and tbh I see your point in bench testing I fully understand the enjoyment out of it.

But I also see the down side of it, say I was looking at a new GPU for tomb raider now if that thread had stock results all I would have to do is look and pick from there, see my point?
Looking in a benchmark thread don't give you real world results.

I just think bench threads need, results also from stock GPUs. :D

On a forum called "OVERCLOCKERS"?

Soldato
Where was you baiting people? Ok, from this thread:

And when we look at the Luxmark thread.

So you see where I am coming from?

First one was because what was said in his thread. Second one just replying back to you. Third I asked a basic question I had no idea amd had better openCL performance.

Four well I found out reason why lack of nvidia results. :p

Soldato
On a forum called "OVERCLOCKERS"?

On a forum called overclockers with-in a section about GPUs lol just because it's overclock means everything must mean overclocking? Don't post a thread unless it had overclocking in it.

And I didn't mean stop posting bench threads all I saying is within them a section for stock results wouldn't do any harm. Lol

Last edited:
Soldato
On a forum called overclockers with-in a section about GPUs lol just because it's overclock means everything must mean overclocking? Don't post a thread unless it had overclocking in it.

And I didn't mean stop posting bench threads all I saying is within them a section for stick results wouldn't do any harm. Lol

It's not that every post has to be about overclocking, but who goes to a website called overclockers to look at stock results? :)
It'd be like going to a Ford garage and saying they should have more Volkswagons!

I do quite often post stock results (if I post a result). Partly because I can't be bothered with trying to push a little bit further as my hardware always loses the silicone lottery and partly so people (and me) can see the difference overclocking makes.

Soldato
It's not that every post has to be about overclocking, but who goes to a website called overclockers to look at stock results? :)
It'd be like going to a Ford garage and saying they should have more Volkswagons!

I do quite often post stock results (if I post a result). Partly because I can't be bothered with trying to push a little bit further as my hardware always loses the silicone lottery and partly so people (and me) can see the difference overclocking makes.

So you telling me everyone who comes here want to overclock or know how to overclock there GPUs? When I first came here I had no idea about overclocking.

Soldato
So you telling me everyone who comes here want to overclock or know how to overclock there GPUs? When I first came here I had no idea about overclocking.

Not at all and I suspect a lot of Ford garages have some Volkswagons for sale, so it's not unreasonable to go to one for a VW. I'm just saying you shouldn't be surprised to see a lot of Fords at a Ford garage and that a lot of people that go there are probably looking for a Ford.

Also, here -> :) is the smiley that I should've put after the first post in this chain to indicate I was having a laugh.

Soldato
Only thing with stock is how do you know whats stock?
Eg i can run the stock core clock my 780 came with out of the box but i wont bother reflashing the stock bios for a bench so it will most likely boost higher than stock if you get my meaning

Soldato
This benchmarks got no visuals to keep me occupied while it's running so of no interest to me.

It's because it's not really a benchmark in the traditional sense. Arion is a program by the people who make FryRender, which is used for production renders by graphic artists, CAD designers/architectural visualisation, product designers and so on, and Arion is their GPGPU accelerated "real time" solution to speed up the process.

On another note, it's unfortunate that the big names have gone CUDA only, but it's because it's what's easiest and most straight forward for them currently. Soon enough they will realise that it's in their best financial interests to pursue OpenCL compatibility due to the amount of customers it would bring them. The first out of the big name unbiased renderer companies to implement OpenCL will rake it up.

It's only the small guys at the moment who are dabbling with OpenCL, but the general theme is that this sort of stuff is flying on OpenCL.

Soldato
Hi Gregster, my result runing Arion 4820k:4.6GHz SLi 670:1202/1162 -02m 03s.

SLi 670
Untitled_zpsdf028a74.jpg

Back
Top Bottom