Arma 3: Altis Life

Caporegime
OMFG!

I was driving down the road backwards at 25km/h in a 30km/h zone going in the correct direction in the correct lane.

A copper asks me to pull over so I do...
he then tries to give me a 500$ ticket which I refuse.
he says "right" and kills me"

I start frapsing from now on

Associate
Toejam, I've never played Altis life, but the mod and idea of playing a RP cop sounds very appealing to me, fun for all if done fairly and maturely. Thinking about applying. Although as I've said, I've not played Altis before, is that a requirement? :p

Soldato
OP
Scotty: At the moment, no requirement - we dont have the regular player base to be that selective so if you've got the decency to ask first I think you're likely ahead!

arknor: that sounds like dangerous driving to me ;) but not worthy of being shot for it, who was it?

Caporegime
Scotty: At the moment, no requirement - we dont have the regular player base to be that selective so if you've got the decency to ask first I think you're likely ahead!

arknor: that sounds like dangerous driving to me ;) but not worthy of being shot for it, who was it?

I don't know as I forgot to fraps or screenshot the encounter.

I did it again and got an awesome result...
I'll try and get the video compressed and onto youtube :D

some copper ran off and left me handcuffed....

yea I'm kind of trolling the police driving backwards but only because I'm so miffed about them doing nothing about my murder but I was trying to go about my business driving backwards and not just aimlessly doing it.

totally no need for the first guy to kill me as I was handcuffed and even stopped when he asked me to

Last edited:
Caporegime
loving this mod @ mo :)

yea just annoying the police people aren't really doing their jobs properly.

I'm happy enough to make a donation though when I can be bothered to register on the forum.

what would be awesome is if we did an OCUK cannon ball run :D assuming the cops wouldn't kill us but just issue speeding tickets and set up checkpoints

BTW you can make some nice money mining but it's a pain travelling al the way to the refinery and back to the dealer

Last edited:
Caporegime
I tried to play but can't get in because it says I have the wrong version.

this is how I got it to work
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168139-Altis-Life-RPG
downloaded it from there
and
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?128795-Arma2MySQL
like it says

added the shortcut to steam to enable both mods.
server said I had the wrong version.
so I removed the @life_server bit from the launch options.

which I guess only the server needs.

it wouldn't fully load properly though when I connected to the server without
@arma2net loaded
fully loaded after you select a citizen role it should give you a spawn menu asking which city you want to be in

myOaLSs.png
LBQrK4H.png

Caporegime
Where do you get food and drink?

civ market near the fish market.

best thing to do is goto the normal general store thing and buy a GPS
then press "right control+M"
makes navigating far easier

the outback shop or whatever it is called sells backpacks

Soldato
OP
yea just annoying the police people aren't really doing their jobs properly.

I'm happy enough to make a donation though when I can be bothered to register on the forum.

what would be awesome is if we did an OCUK cannon ball run :D assuming the cops wouldn't kill us but just issue speeding tickets and set up checkpoints

BTW you can make some nice money mining but it's a pain travelling al the way to the refinery and back to the dealer

I think its very new for a lot of people, I've seen A LOT of people saying in game they just bought A3, many saying because of Frankie and Jackfrags to, so many people want to be cops to be corrupt, people abusing global chat because they dont understand the etiquette of it. I've blacklisted a few already but its a hard process... the server is brand new so theres no police force in place to keep people on the straight and narrow.. not arresting for dumb reasons.

I think the initial rush will be something to just ride out. Until then though, murder the po po :D

Back
Top Bottom