• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Artic Silver 5 - strong stuff

Associate
bought some Artic Silver a couple of weeks ago for my Ryzen 5800 and AIO.

today I decided to rebuild the pc into a new case. Removed the screws holding the AIO pump and it would not come off. used a bit more force and it came off taking the cpu with it

flippin ek, strong stuff and something I have never encountered before. CPU is fine btw

Soldato
bought some Artic Silver a couple of weeks ago for my Ryzen 5800 and AIO.

today I decided to rebuild the pc into a new case. Removed the screws holding the AIO pump and it would not come off. used a bit more force and it came off taking the cpu with it

flippin ek, strong stuff and something I have never encountered before. CPU is fine btw
If you run a stress test to get the chip nice and warm before taking the cooler off, it comes off quite nicely

Soldato
Pretty common especially with AMD chips, often will pull them straight out of the CPU bracket. Best thing is to get them a bit warm, and if possible twist the cooler off slightly. So many people have bent pins because they pulled it straight out or off and it’s flown across the room!

Back
Top Bottom