As anyone bought the C64 mini?

Soldato
I've been watching videos and reviews of this device and it seems to be the best of the 'mini' type retro machines. It now, thanks to a firmware update, as the ability to add files via a usb device.

I wondered if anyone had one, what are your experiences with it?

I hear that some people didn't like it that the keyboard wasn't functional. But there is going to be a bigger version of the device coming out soon that will have a fully functional keyboard.

Man of Honour
Borrowed one for a couple of days. Seemed all ok. Especially with the newer firmware, made it a hell of a lot easier to use USB with. There's a lot of nothing inside the case. A small board, some cables and a couple of chunks of cheap metal to add weight.

Emulation was fine, joystick is not as good as a real competition pro, but it's about as good as you'll get right now now. I'd immediately jump on a smaller one (say 33% scale rather than the 50%), potentially the larger one if the keyboard was ok. I think it'd also be better to have a SD slot in it for the images. That'd keep the USB ports free for a second stick.

So for around £50, it's pretty good. Not sure how much the full size one will be.

Back
Top Bottom