AS LEVEL Maths : C2 and S1 tips

Soldato
Do you guys have any general pointers in the way of these two such as in revision? I know the best thing is to do loads of past papers but are there any other exam secrets i should know of?

Thanks guys!

:D

Past papers i got loads of them. Do you think it's essential to re-read your textbook? I've been doing this quite a bit for S1 since the exams on 24th this month :eek:

Thanks guys, i was just summarising all the formulae in C2/S1 onto 2 seperate pages, its good to know them but its better to know how they work which is much more difficult. I think its called "Seeing the maths" some people are highly gifted at this..some arent.

Shamrock said:
Final tip, which is a bit more general, READ the question CAREFULLY. I seriously messed up and dropped 10 marks by misreading a question in my S1 exam and answering it completely wrong. Turned out it was simple if only I read it properly!

I do that quite a bit but i've been trying to read the question properly recently and it helps.

I don't think millions of past papers exist :D But no, loads of them do exist. I got a whole little booklet of them for S1 and C2 which i had to pay my sixth form £1.20 for each booklet. Shame i didn't get the answers with it either...:(

Back
Top Bottom