AS Level Results

Soldato
I feel all out of place in the other thread with people talking about unconditionals and great things like that, us AS Level students don't have to suffer that til next year, so if anybody wants to use this thread to talk about our first year grades then please do so, I found the step up from GCSE huge but hopefully they should go okay:

I await: Maths, Physics, Media and ICT at 11am. :eek:

What did you get? :)

Associate
I don't know if this thread'll last as it's awful similar, but I'm awaiting grades for Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English and Critical Thinking.

I'm a bit nervous as I am relying on them being good :o

Soldato
OP
TommoUK said:
I don't know if this thread'll last as it's awful similar, but I'm awaiting grades for Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English and Critical Thinking.
It is a bit similar but with all the talk of uni in that thread, ours might be best off in here maybe.

Critical Thinking! oh yeh, I did that although I've totally forgotten about it so I'm not expecting miracles in that subject. :)

Associate
Yeah a lot of people found the exam pretty iffy. That's probably the only one I don't really have a good idea how I've done, although I think I've done pretty well there. It was just harder to prepare for than the others.

Soldato
I found the step up from gcse too big for me, failed my first year (last year) resat with a few different subject this year, worked my ass off too :) Hopefully should have passed this year. (I suck at final exams, have been getting help and stuff towards doing them, so i should have done ok)

I'm really nervous though :(

Associate
lol critical thinking, we did that and about 99% of our lessons were with the best teacher in the school (comical value) and we just did nothing all year.

But I am waiting for Biology, Business Studies, ICT and Physics.

Also critical thinking and general studies. Will post results later :p

Associate
It was a step up from GCSE, but I did well in my January modules. I worked as hard for the summer exams as I did for them, so that considered I SHOULD have done well!

Associate
Well i got my AS Results and i got a few U's in there but overal im happy considering im not exactly the smartest guy around.

English Literature - 205/300 (C?)
Business Studies - 188/300 (C?)
Psychology - 202/300 (C?)

I got a few anolymous results in them with like a 'U' in Finance of business and a D alongside 2 B's in Psychology. Hopefully with a few resits it should be BBC or something.

Oh and ICT which is now dropped, I got an E or something.

Last edited:
Associate
Woot! I was dreading coming into this thread when I saw it this morning, but I did great.

Biology
274 - A +34 marks

Chemistry
266 - A +26 marks

Physics
248 - A +8 marks

English (Combined)
261 - A +21 marks

Critical Thinking
210 - B just on the boundary C-B

Extremely pleased, now I'll be having a few sips of beer. :D

Soldato
OP
I'm quite pleased although I am 100% sure they have fluffed up my physics coursework and not included one.

Physics: B - unofficially, but it's missing 33 marks which will push me up from a D.
ICT: B
Media: B
Maths: E :p
Crit Thinking: U :p

Associate
Critical thinking has been pretty low all over the country. My B was the best in the school, the teacher seemed a bit upset about it.

Soldato
Latest post ever.................from me :p
only just got mine as my school didnt bother sending mine to my house(was away in USA last week) and i did terrible. got BCCDU.got U in maths which is unbelievable as i thought i could get at least a D. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom