Ashes Cricket 2009

Associate
Brian Lara and Ricky Ponting reborn as Ashes Cricket 2009; coming to Xbox 360, PS3, and PC this summer.

Gamespot say it supports online multiplayer and features Test, One day international, and Twenty20 matches between international sides.

Gamespots Ashes Cricket 2009 First Impressions

95999320090506790screen.jpg

Graphics look pretty good, hope the gameplay is balanced so it can be great fun with a few beers :D

I've been enjoying the demo, so might get this. Am I missing something though? Do you control the fielders at all or is it just all automatic

You control the positions of all the fielders when either batsman is on strike. If the ball is airbourne and near a fielder it will trigger the catch mechanic of which you decide if its catch or drop depending on your timing of the catch and when a fielder has the ball afters its grounded you control which end he will throw to e.g. throw to the end the slower batsman is running to ;)

Ah, I knew that, was kinda hopeing there would be more though, although I understand it probably making it that way probably would have made it too complex.

You can be the wicket keeper if you play with two users on one side but being just a fielder wouldnt make sense for lack of gameplay (you'll know the feeling if you've been a fielder for a whole day IRL)

Back
Top Bottom