• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ashes of the Singularity Bench

Associate
So it's possible to modify stuff in some config file that doesn't show up in the screenshots? Then it would make these benchmark comparisons null and void.:(

Not really, what I meant, it is possible to do it within game, and not tell anyone and get away with it, since everything still point to you using settings you pretend to use ;)

Like using xfire/sli to boost framerate a bit (if game does not crash that is), and it does not report in result screen, and Temporal AA can be disabled in game, and benchmark still reports it as enabled. I never tried other settings, but it wouldn't surprise me if other settings are bugged as well and are not reported correctly in results menu.

As I said any results run by different people are useless, since we cannot guarantee the honesty of each individual ;)

Soldato
So it's possible to modify stuff in some config file that doesn't show up in the screenshots? Then it would make these benchmark comparisons null and void.:(

I would say there's a certain level of trust around here but if things look off they usually are. Even then i would say it's not on purpose.

Soldato
I see. This could explain why a 980Ti is beating the TitanX's at pretty much the same clocks/cpu configurations. The Temporal AA is major performance hog so maybe it's not working on the 980Ti test result. This thread needs to be put on stasis until Oxide get a proper benchmark out or we can verify everyone's settings properly. If AoTS is anything like the Starswarm test there should be some log file with results data in it.

Last edited:
Associate
I see. This could explain why a 980Ti is beating the TitanX's at pretty much the same clocks/cpu configurations. The Temporal AA is major performance hog so maybe it's not working on the 980Ti test result.

I think Andy was complaining about his settings reverting and him having issues with setting the right one. Maybe one of the settings got stuck or something. Anything is possible.
I think we can all agree that his 1080p run should be void, or maybe he really has some epic 980ti and he is just lying to is about how much he locked it :D
and cpu probably is under LN2 as well :D

Associate
:D:D Team AMD!!!...

Plus my titan-x's love my haswell E ;)

The thing is, 5Ghz AMD cpu is nothing to sneeze at, but in this benchmark somehow AMD cpus are completely underperforming. I hope that AMD and Oxide are looking into it, and will sort it out.

My fury xs love my haswell e as well, but the minute I see Zen being decent CPU that love will disappear very quickly ;)

Associate
Wait, what? how dare you.... :p

what I would suggest: either delete this thread or lock it, till Oxide fixes it, or re create it again and for settings set it on high with TAA disabled. Obviously that will not be optimal since we want our e-pen to run everything at max, but well, if we want something comparable and honest, we can try :D

Soldato
I would vote for settings that aren't bugged then, "high" preset, might also make it more inclusive of people with cards that aren't the highest tier

I've just run doing the exact same process street describes and gotten 37, 39 and 42, so take the lowest if you like

all_high37.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
what I would suggest: either delete this thread or lock it, till Oxide fixes it, or re create it again and for settings set it on high with TAA disabled. Obviously that will not be optimal since we want our e-pen to run everything at max, but well, if we want something comparable and honest, we can try :D

Sadly as it is some people are going to abuse it. Lock until they fix the hidden setting shenanigans.

Back
Top Bottom