ASP.NET Core

Associate
I am really looking forward to this. I've been following its progress recently since discovering it, e.g. the weekly community standups.

I like what they are doing to this new asp.net and mvc (core, vnext, 6, or whatever they have decided to call it now!), the new way of doing things e.g. cross-platform, no need to use IIS. This new framework seems really organised and fun. I'm a big fan of C# (I used to turn my nose up at it until I tried it :p) although unfortunately have to make do with Python everyday currently :(.

Hoping in the future can convince where I work to look at it and use it for our next project. Also waiting on some books on it to be released in March and beyond.

Is anyone else interested in this? What are your thoughts?

Associate
OP
Not heard of Windows Nano, just had a quick Google.

I've never developed professionally with asp.net and related unfortunately, but I'd love to. Visual Studio and Resharper is just heaven to work in.

Associate
OP
Businesses still using mvc 3 and 4 so I've read :p. I guess it depends upon how big an investment and project there is in "legacy" stuff. If it's big, then the effort to change is not worth the cost potentially. Still, for new projects, it's good.

Back
Top Bottom