Asrock B650M-HDV/M.2 - a great cheaper motherboard.

Wow, this is a fantastic budget AM5 board.

Hope it and B650M K get to UK soon around 130 quid. It looks like A620 boards, priced as low as 85 dollars are about to hit the shelves as well.

Not much interest for budget hardware on this forum - looks like most users here are into high end motherboards and CPUs.

Not much interest for budget hardware on this forum - looks like most users here are into high end motherboards and CPUs.

The most common board I've suggested for AM4 builds over the last few months is the B550 Gaming X, which is one of the cheapest B550 boards and the B650 Gaming X or B650M DS3H for AM5. The number of posters who buy a high-end board is pretty low I think, relatively.

Prices have gone up recently for motherboards all round. I'm happy with modestly priced motherboards currently around the £130 or less region.

I haven't looked too much in to it recently but other than overclocking, I am struggling to understand what additional features a high end motherboard will offer me personally. It's not as if overclocking offers great benefits anyway these days. Some may enjoy tinkering or overclocking for the fun of it, yeah but the benefits don't seem to be worth the expense or potential crashes and stress to me.

Prices have gone up recently for motherboards all round. I'm happy with modestly priced motherboards currently around the £130 or less region.

I haven't looked too much in to it recently but other than overclocking, I am struggling to understand what additional features a high end motherboard will offer me personally. It's not as if overclocking offers great benefits anyway these days. Some may enjoy tinkering or overclocking for the fun of it, yeah but the benefits don't seem to be worth the expense or potential crashes and stress to me.
Getting old, hardware is so fast these days... /i'm an old man "I remember the days" when you could get your pentium an extra 20 - 40mhz and you were really happy.

I have found having a few nvme slots useful as the price comes down I fancy more / not wanting to bin old ones.

I was waiting for this board but now thinking I can get by with a A620 board....any reason to go with a B650 apart from overclocking and USB numbers? Will A620 ones be less likely to support future AM5 processors?

The most common board I've suggested for AM4 builds over the last few months is the B550 Gaming X, which is one of the cheapest B550 boards and the B650 Gaming X or B650M DS3H for AM5. The number of posters who buy a high-end board is pretty low I think, relatively.
B650 gaming x is the one im going to go for,providing i can get a 7800X3D.

I was waiting for this board but now thinking I can get by with a A620 board....any reason to go with a B650 apart from overclocking and USB numbers? Will A620 ones be less likely to support future AM5 processors?
AMD have lowered the TDP support on the A620 and "officially" only support 65W CPUs I believe.

I like the A520 for ITX builds but the lack of USB-C was bit annoying maybe missing too.

AMD have lowered the TDP support on the A620 and "officially" only support 65W CPUs I believe.

I like the A520 for ITX builds but the lack of USB-C was bit annoying maybe missing too.

Hmmmm the 65w info is interesting.... could be an issue down line if I fancy buying old high end CPU off members market....

I dunno, recently the number of queries that want to buy Asus overpriced £350 boards seem to be on the increase...
Cannot fathom paying more for the mobo than the CPU

Yeah.., I've seen that too, the rog branding seems pretty strong. I'll still try and recommend a gaming x (or equivalent) in those threads unless specified otherwise :D

Yeah.., I've seen that too, the rog branding seems pretty strong. I'll still try and recommend a gaming x (or equivalent) in those threads unless specified otherwise :D

The Hardware unboxed B650 round up gives a decent win for the Gigabyte gaming X. Only slight problem is that video was sponsored by Gigabyte so a slight conflict of interest there.

Its a bit of a weird one, there was no sponsor spot on the video itself but the entre "test bench" build was "kindly provided by Gigabyte". Not sure if that qualifies as being sponsored or not although one would hope that HUB were not daft enough to make the Gigabyte boards look better and instead just focus on the raw out of box performance.

I have the B650 Gaming X (funnily partly thanks to the HUB video albeit more of a general guide... avoid the entry level Asus boards like the plague) and that was mainly for two reasons; 1) It has the features I wanted at a price point that didn't make me recoil in horror and, 2) It was part of a £370 bundle with a 7600 non-X. The bundle made it cheaper than buying the 7600 non-x and B650M-DS3H individually.

No it doesn't have PCI-E Gen 5 but honestly once that actually makes any material difference I will likely have changed the board anyway.

Its a bit of a weird one, there was no sponsor spot on the video itself but the entre "test bench" build was "kindly provided by Gigabyte". Not sure if that qualifies as being sponsored or not although one would hope that HUB were not daft enough to make the Gigabyte boards look better and instead just focus on the raw out of box performance.

I have the B650 Gaming X (funnily partly thanks to the HUB video albeit more of a general guide... avoid the entry level Asus boards like the plague) and that was mainly for two reasons; 1) It has the features I wanted at a price point that didn't make me recoil in horror and, 2) It was part of a £370 bundle with a 7600 non-X. The bundle made it cheaper than buying the 7600 non-x and B650M-DS3H individually.

No it doesn't have PCI-E Gen 5 but honestly once that actually makes any material difference I will likely have changed the board anyway.

Probably me just being paranoid as that is the mobo im planning on using as well. But it does make you think would they accept all that equipment and turn round and say by the way your motherboard sucks.

Back
Top Bottom