Asrock dual sata2 board?

Soldato
hi all, i was wondering, i have a pair of corsair xms pc3200 512mb sticks of ram and my 6800nu gfx card. i was wondering how much of a difference would i see in system speed if i got this asrock board (£39 inc vat) and a a64 cpu, either opteron 146 or venice 3500 or whatever clocks well and is cheapo.

total cost to me would be around £150ish which sounds good to me and to get windows x64 on the case too.

would asrock board allow me to do some good overclocking or does its price actually reflect its quality?

Man of Honour
There is a monster thread about this motherboard in the Motherboard forum, as far as I am aware most people seem pretty happy with it. There are good overclocking options and you would see a decent speed increase even without overclocking, Opterons should clock better or maybe a 3700 San Diego. ASrock are the budget division of Asus as far as I recall so there aren't any worries on the quality front either :)

Soldato
OP
will this board work well with an opteron 146? i can get the cpu for £122 quid inc vat. my gpower-bl cooler is multi format so i can use that on the opteron.

so all i will need is the board for £43 quid and the cpu for £122

so for a total of £165 will i be getting a good setup? also what sort of speeds can i expect from the asrock board? will it take the opteron to similar speeds that other boards can?

Soldato
OP
i been reading the large thread on this board. does the bios not support vcore adjustments? looks like some kind of hard mod needs to be done to get it give more voltage.?

Permabanned
Cyber-Mav said:
i been reading the large thread on this board. does the bios not support vcore adjustments? looks like some kind of hard mod needs to be done to get it give more voltage.?
It lets you increase the voltage by 0.05V over the stock voltage. You have to do a hard mod to the board by soldering 2 points together to get more voltage. I done this using conductive paint as the points are next to each other, it's very easy to do.
There is also a HTT limit of 274 but there is a bios mod which removes the limit.

Back
Top Bottom