ASRock Taichi x370 Crash Debug '00'

Associate
Hey,

I purchased an am4 x370 Taichi Motherboard in April and had no issues with it until updating to bios 2.4

The day I updated I couldn't boot the computer with any memory speeds higher than 2133Mhz, I played a game and later that evening my screen went black and the motherboard showed a debug code of '00'. I rebooted the computer and it happened again, while playing but this time when I rebooted there appeared to be no video output (I could hear typical windows noise prompts)

I removed the graphics card, reseated it and it boot no problem. I rolled the BIOS back to 2.3 as I was able to achieve better memory speeds (2933Mhz) and the very next day it happened again.

The error appears to be completely random it might happen when I click into a game, it might happen one hour into a game or I could play for 4 or 5 hours that day and experience no issues what so ever.

Has this issue been seen before and is there anything you can advise me to do?

I had no issues until the day I updated to BIOS 2.4 and since going back to 2.3 this error persists.

I can benchmark and stress test the computer and cannot seem to replicate the error, it appears completely random.

My system specs are:

CPU: Ryzen 1700 (stock)

GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX 480 8GB

Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz

PSU: EVGA 650 BG 650w

It now appears to be very infrequent, went an entire week gaming with no issues and boom, last night streaming GTA there it was again.

I've contacted ASRock and they recommend using a different power supply.

Fortunately I also have the gold rated version of my power supply in another computer. I'm going to swap it out later this evening, the problem is I won't really know if its works as I can get entire weeks with no issues at all.

If I swap the PSU and it solves the problem, where do I stand with the current one, is it deemed faulty? I bought it roughly a year ago.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Only time I've had the flashing 00 code is when my OC/Memory wasn't stable. Try resetting your BIOS to defaults (from within BIOS) as i've found that between flashes it can retain some of the previous settings and it messes things up and resetting clears them up. Then run some stress tests (IBT is a good quick indicator that I've found will pop the 00 code quickly if its unstable), if stock is stable work from there.

Associate
OP
Only time I've had the flashing 00 code is when my OC/Memory wasn't stable. Try resetting your BIOS to defaults (from within BIOS) as i've found that between flashes it can retain some of the previous settings and it messes things up and resetting clears them up. Then run some stress tests (IBT is a good quick indicator that I've found will pop the 00 code quickly if its unstable), if stock is stable work from there.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I'll give this a shot when I get home. Even if it's just a way to replicate the error that's progress as it will make pin pointing the problem a lot easier.

I've cleared the CMOS several times since rolling the BIOS back.

I'll run IBT on my current power supply then swap it out for the gold rated EVGA.

Thanks

Associate
OP
Just an update, so far.

Kept all my current settings, stock CPU with auto on voltages and memory running at 2933Mhz.

Breezed through 10x runs of IBT on standard 1GB, currently running through 10x passes of Maximum and no crashes so far.

Assuming it makes it through these stress tests I'll reduce my memory speeds back to 2667Mhz and game + stream on it as I never had any issues gaming on that memory speed for my first 2 months of ownership.

Crashing first occured when I had just started to stream gameplay, but that was also around the time I had bumped my memory speed up to 2933Mhz

I guess general use is the best stability test, just annoying how unpredictable and far between the crashes occur.

Back
Top Bottom