Assassin's Creed - DLC required?

Caporegime
One of my big aims this summer is to play through the entire Assassin's Creed saga. I've already got a few in my Uplay library that were given away free but these are just the base games.

The order of play is AC, ACII, ACII Brotherhood, ACII Revelations, ACIII, ACIV Black Flag, AC Rogue, AC Unity, AC Syndicate, AC Origins. Is this the right order? I'm not too bothered about the other games unless someone tells me I should play something I've missed.

What about DLC? Are there any essential pieces of DLC that I should acquire? Or just go with the standard base games?

TIA.

I'd suggest:

Skip 1
Play 2/Brotherhood/Revelations
Skip 3
Play Black Flag
Skip Rogue
... I haven't actually played any of the others yet... :p

IMO the Ezio ones are the best in terms of story development, and 4 (Black Flag) is the best in terms of OMG PIRATES!

I'd suggest:

Skip 1
Play 2/Brotherhood/Revelations
Skip 3
Play Black Flag
Skip Rogue
... I haven't actually played any of the others yet... :p

IMO the Ezio ones are the best in terms of story development, and 4 (Black Flag) is the best in terms of OMG PIRATES!
I'd totally agree with all of this, except I would read up on the first AC - it is a long game and whilst I love it, I do agree that you can skip it. At least get Altair's back story in your head. You'll need them for AC 2.

You don't need any of the DLC for the titles mentioned by Haggisman. AC2/Ezio's AC's are the best, character and plot wise. Black Flag is an excellent ship/sailing sim but an absolutely rubbish Assassins game, absolutely play it regardless. The rest of the follow ups are just rinse and repeat engine affairs until Origins, which I confess I haven't played yet - looks too grindy/loot box driven to me.

Back
Top Bottom