Assassin's Creed IV- Black Flag

Soldato
I loved AC2, really loved it. I thought Brotherhood improved on it in most areas and is probably my favourite, but Revelations was the weakest. I haven't played 3, as something about it just doesn't appeal to me for some reason.

Series needs to do something different to get me interested again I think.

Soldato
Not played much into the story of 3, but I have to say the ship sections was some of my favourite gameplay in the game. Immensely satisfying lining up perfect shots and avoiding incoming enemy fire and so on.

Although why this isn't just a straight spin-off from AC3, I don't know (like Revelations, Brotherhood was to AC2).

Soldato
Although why this isn't just a straight spin-off from AC3, I don't know (like Revelations, Brotherhood was to AC2).

I read a long time ago that Brotherhood and Revelations were only born out of popularity. It was originally supposed to be 1>2>3>4>5 etc. (Although I thought it was only ever supposed to be a trilogy). They were just cash cows, albeit fairly decent ones.

It's coming out way too early but I'm still looking forward to it. I'm a massive fan of the series. :)

Man of Honour
Saw this advertised on TV today for release in November which seemed highly premature:
-Don't think I've ever seen a game advertised more than 6 months in advance on TV
-Release date clearly dictated by publisher i.e. usual rush it out for holiday season job - how can they know for certain so far in advance and so soon after the release of AC3 that the game will be fully complete to a good standard?

Not particularly looking forward to it as I found the ship sections in earlier games (haven't played 3) pretty awkward and annoying (much more like traditional platformers... basically more linear and less forgiving than the standard freeroam city fare)

Back
Top Bottom