Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Soldato
OP
What a cool week. Forza Horizon 4 and this. Forza is brilliant, and for once lives up to the hype I hope this does. Never completed an Assassins Creed game since Black Flag, and the boats in this look amazing, loads of depth in your crew and stuff. The size of game worlds put me off sometimes, but if this is as good as I hope it is then it will be perfect to set me up for Read Dead Redemption 2 come October the 26th!

Never heard a bad word against it, a few bugs(due to the size of the world no doubt) which most will be patched Friday or soon afterwards.

Roll on Friday!

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
Depends what the ideal pace of the game is really, doesn't it? Does the "cheat" make progress faster than intended? Or has the pace been slowed in order to increase revenue?

Polygon are certainly insinuating the latter.

Either way, why should people pay extra to customise the pace of the game to their own tastes? Surely such options should be included?

Faster than intended from the reviews I've watched. None of them say it gets "going" after 15 hours. Cheat is for people with no attention span.

Soldato
OP
Almost here... bit naughty selling the premium editions and letting people play earlier... that should be outlawed, or is it the new "Season Pass(to play all the content that should be in the game anyway, like not that long ago.".

Soldato
OP
My gold copy will be here tomorrow and already for another 100 hour assassin's creed marathon.
Been so long that an original(Dark Souls REMASTERED gripped me for over 100 hours) console game has inspired a marathon session for so long, probably Dark Souls 3(and even that was the poorest Souls game) in 2016.

I hear one of the reviewers comparing the combat in this to Dark Souls.. hope it's true!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Do want to get this at some point but will wait due to RDR2 a few weeks away. The user reviews on Metacritic average around 5.5 where as AC origins was around 7.5.
Anyone know why this may be the case, is it maybe because its very similar to Origins?

From what I've played so far, the gameplay like climbing and fighting is the worst in the series I've played. Lovely setting and general ambience, the main quest is boring so far and the side quests are too. It's also full of bugs(PS4 version).

All in all a mess. I hope that Red Dead Redemption 2 lives up to it's hype, because not one game has imo since Dark Souls 3, none of the triple A titles have impressed me at all.

Soldato
OP
I decided to stick with this and am glad I did, it's awesome but it does have bugs and the combat is clumsy I find. I've never played in such a beautiful World, this has no right to be just 45gb size. It will be the first Assassins Creed game I've completed since Black Flag.

Is Origins just as good as this?

Soldato
OP
I like Origins slightly better than this, the setting was just more atmospheric and detailed with people doing more stuff, while still being varied. The animations and combat felt a bit better as well.

Some stepbacks from Odyssey like lack of dialogue choices but overall the setting was fantastic and immensely interesting, probably the best open world I've seen.

I've downloaded it, as I already bought it just didn't give it more than 2 hours probably due to playing something else I bought in a sale. Is the story good?

Soldato
OP
Yeah, I'm leaving RDR2 until I finish this one, I may even grab Yakuza Kiwami 2 in between.

Origins' world is such a joy to explore, a truly fascinating and underexplored period. I wish I hadn't played it so I could ride out out into Siwa for the first time, have my jaw drop to the floor, then check the full map and have my jaw drop to the floor again.

Is the download content any good?

Soldato
OP
Prefer the combat in Odyssey. Found it clunkier and less intuitive in origins. I know that’s not the general consensus though.

I'm not too sure about the combat in odyssey, camera goes all over the place. I also don't like how defeated enemies sometimes disappear before you stop combat, missed out on a rare because of it. Other than that it is absolutely brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom