1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, we are running a Photoshop competition with a 32" monitor as the first prize - See here for details.

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by davewhite04, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Stewy

Capodecina

yeah agree the story is great, just got to level 39 and still really enjoying it, think I'm about 42 hours in

2. Bigpig

Mobster

Currently on my second sit down with Origins and starting to enjoy the game even more after I found out about the option to auto level enemies. The game really has come to life with the addition of the two dlc.

Really love the setting of the game after thinking I would hate it.

Odyssey seems to be more of the same but with more RPG aspects?

Without spoiling two much do you get to hunt the mythical creatures in the stock game? Maybe even meet the gods?

3. BGGLP

Gangster

Spoiler alert- tags please for replies lol

4. BGGLP

Gangster

This is a seriously good game. As suspected better than RDR2 though hopefully if that ever gets a patch it might prove to live up to its hype though judging by the controls and combat I doubt it. HDR in this is stunning and controls are fluid.

5. Shawreyboy

Hitman

Agree, this has far surpassed expectation. RDR2 will probably get GOTY despite its flaws because well R*, but on pure game mechanics, pacing, storytelling and enjoyments achieved - this is hands down is my GOTY. I will definitely purchase the DLC and can't wait for NG+ to have a go being a baddie! (almost always more enjoyable than being the good guy/girl).

Shawrey

6. Digital X

Sgarrista

7. Digital X

Sgarrista

8. BGGLP

Gangster

Great game! Bee playing it about a week/10 day’s since stopped playing rdr2 and well into it again. Stunning game and effortless traversal if the world. Will get overshadowed for goty but that’s unfair.

9. McBain

Capodecina

Patch looks great, Transmog = :cool:

10. kinger8938

Sgarrista

This is exactly what happened with Origins ;)

I'll have a think. Nearing the end of RDR2 so may consider it next!

11. mid_gen

Sgarrista

Transmog ftw.

Been getting back into this after getting bored with RDR2....refreshingly fun :)

Haven't caught any of the events yet, what level are they? I'm only level 22 after restarting when I switched from PC to XB1X..

12. McBain

Capodecina

I believe I read the events are level 30 and above, or that might've been the new quests.

I wonder what will happen with engravings etc with the new levels, I would assume all that will remain the same and it's just character, enemy and gear that scales.

Have to say I'm pretty impressed with Ubisoft's support of this game, they genuinely do seem to be listening to the players feedback with improvements, changes and new content. I've given them a fair bit of stick in the past but this release bar the odd problem with events has been excellent.

13. BGGLP

Gangster

What a game! Probs aboithslfway on the campaign now about 35 hours. Visually stunning, great world they’ve created and effortless traversal. Most underrated game of the year. It did review really well but it’s better than it was given credit for. Best game since The Witcher for me in the RPG style.

14. insane200

Soldato

I've now put 60 hours in, level 48 very close to 49 and on chapter 7 still haven't seen all the map, barely touched Red Dead 2 as I find this game much more fun.

15. BGGLP

Gangster

Me too. I’m refusing to play RDR2 till it’s patched. At least it’s given me the time to appreciate this game as it deserves it; a lot of work has gone into this game. Performance is also excellent which could never be said about The Witcher3 whose performance on consoles was always pretty poor tbh; terrible until over a year of patches later.

16. kinger8938

Sgarrista

I think I'll give this a go then when the price is right. Though I do agree with your comment on the state of the Witcher 3 at launch on console, it was their first real attempt at a console launch other than a port of the Witcher 2 on 360. Odyssey is clearly the display of improving on the formula they started all those years ago, year by year (with 1 gap).

I'm looking forward to seeing it for myself

17. mid_gen

Sgarrista

Bayek and Aya were great in Origins, but the rest of the cast were pretty meh and story wasn't much more than a simple revenge crusade. The story and characters are lot better in Odyssey. Just started Chapter 7, wasn't expecting that big change up.

Glad I've been taking my time with it. Just hit 30, still loads of areas under level for me that I haven't even been to yet so the complaints about grinding are just nonsense.

18. insane200

Soldato

I'm also on chapter 7 now, was quite a change up, I've just done the first free DLC mission and mythical beast,finished the Arena and become tier one merc, going to finish off the legendary beasts next

I'm waiting for a patch also, hopefully they will improve the controls, and make the annoying things like when riding a horse through a town and you very slightly knock someone it makes you wanted go away.

19. ricky1981

Mobster

For those nearing the end I'd suggest finishing the big quest lines in this order - Cult > Family > The other one (avoiding spoilers but you'll know it when you get it)

The story/endings are a bit of a mess but the above feels like the "correct" order.

20. kinger8938

Sgarrista

This is 29.99 at Argos and I am a bit tempted now. Your praise above is selling me on it