1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by davewhite04, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Shawreyboy

Hitman

It's GOTY for me and I'm part way through RDR2 (slow progress due to time constraints) and RDR2 was looking to be my GOTY but all in all for most enjoyments achieved so far AC: Odyssey has it hands down.

Shawrey

2. Mucky_Pup

Mobster

I've switched to Odyssey from Red Dead for the minute, I'm enjoying it a bit more.

3. kinger8938

Sgarrista

My only potential concern now is if the characters and story are any good? That really drive me through RDR and will be a tough act to beat.

4. Bigpig

Mobster

Just about to pick this up for 51 quid (Gold EDT)

If I get half of the playtime I got from Origins it is money well spent!!!

5. Amatsubu

Mobster

I put 70h in Origins and had almost all question marks and quests done, I have around 70h in this now and haven't even seen half of the map (or more), let alone completed each region or finished the story. So, yeah.

6. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Is it all quality content or is their clearly some filler stuff?

7. Amatsubu

Mobster

There is some repetition and filler stuff but you're not at all obliged to do everything. Side quests (not the randomly generated ones) are better than in Origins and the world is generally very pretty.

8. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Sounds good! I'm really interested In the Greek setting!

9. BGGLP

Gangster

This is one of the biggest SP games ever made no doubt. The story is really good and has consequences which you can clearly see have an impact. Reminds me of the Witcher3 more than any game since and like I said before it’s in much better shape visually than that ever was. Let’s face it the LOD’s on The Witcher 3 were always not good enough and resulted in loads of pop-in of foliage etc.

10. satchef1

Mobster

GOTY for me too. It's a fantastic game. The scenery, the culture, the characters. My biggest grumble is the wildlife, which causes more problems late-game than soldiers. Hopefully they pick up some inspiration from RDR2 for the next one, as it's currently annoying (similar to Skyrim, but worse).

11. KingDazza

Hitman

I have been keeping an eye on this. But over on the ubi forums there are many reports, including videos, of xbox one x stutters since patch 1.05 that apparently are still not fixed after 1.07. Is this game a locked 30fps or not on xbox one x? Digital Foundry mentioned inconsistent frame timing issues too...

12. Bigpig

Mobster

So pleased with my purchase. Seriously had a LOL moment near the end of the first Island.

This kinds feels like what you might have expected from a next gen Bioware game not the game we got with ME:A

Not to everyone taste but I love how they doubled down on all RPG elements.

13. insane200

Soldato

I noticed the odd stutter, but nothing off putting, the only issue I've had in 70+ hours of game play were last night it froze during a boss fight right near me beating it,I had to turn the xbox off and on again and re do the fight.

I've now completed the main quest and the Atlantis one, just need to finish the cult and some side missions that were added.

14. KingDazza

Hitman

Thanks. It sounds a bit similar to Origins in performance then, bar the crash. I found the performance in Origins a little distracting tbh, even though the graphics and HDR were superb. Hmmm. Not sure I want more of the same performance wise. I'm sensitive to it. RDR2 has a couple of drops but they dont bother me as its only in isolated areas. Origins on the other hand were fairly common place, even though they were minor. It was still enough to annoy me.

15. BGGLP

Gangster

Performance rock solid on the pro

16. ricky1981

Mobster

Well over 80 hours and finished all the main stuff with no performance issues at all (XB1X). It looks gorgeous and runs smooth.

17. Shawreyboy

Hitman

Agreed. Surprisingly for a Ubi game, this was extremely polished and Ubi are keeping up with regular updates which is a joy to see. Ubi may have turned a corner with this one!

Shawrey

18. KingDazza

Hitman

Thanks for the performance feedback guys. Unfortunately I'm still not fully convinced as some of us are more sensitive to frame issues than others. However, you've persuaded me to give it a shot at some point and see for myself. Thanks again. :)

19. Digital X

Sgarrista

20. McBain

Capodecina

Another good addition to the game, I don't want to waste ability points on skills I won't use!