Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Soldato
Depends what the ideal pace of the game is really, doesn't it? Does the "cheat" make progress faster than intended? Or has the pace been slowed in order to increase revenue?

Polygon are certainly insinuating the latter.

Either way, why should people pay extra to customise the pace of the game to their own tastes? Surely such options should be included?

Polygon is a pretty trash website and will post any old tripe for hits.

Associate
My god this is one badly optimized game. Just downloaded it and I'm struggling to hit 60fps ultra at just 1080p with a Vega 64 and 6700k @5Ghz!

Yep, 1080p High seems to be the best I can manage at 60. Yet I can run Forza 4 at 4k 60 ultra. Wow. I'm glad this game came free with the card otherwise I'd be fuming.

Last edited:
Soldato
My god this is one badly optimized game. Just downloaded it and I'm struggling to hit 60fps ultra at just 1080p with a Vega 64 and 6700k @5Ghz!

Yep, 1080p High seems to be the best I can manage at 60. Yet I can run Forza 4 at 4k 60 ultra. Wow. I'm glad this game came free with the card otherwise I'd be fuming.
That's because you are in consoles thread :)

Caporegime

Get an Xbox X.

Soldato
I've put just over 7 hours in so far and hit level 10, up until then the levels would come pretty quickly, say 1 or 2 missions, now its slowed to 3/4 depending on what type of mission you take.

It looks lovely and the sound is great, Combat is pretty tough but feels fluid, I had 2 mercenaries after me, both appeared in the same area and were hard as hell, i had to bait one away and cheese them from a high point with my Bow, They do give quite nice gear though.

Caporegime
It wasn't that long ago that I completed Origins and with all the games coming out over the next two months I really just can't be arsed to play Odyssey.

I liked Origins but I spend many many hours playing it and got 100% completion but I can't say it was very memorable, in hindsight.

Soldato
I've still never properly played an AC game, I do keep meaning to! I started Black Flag on the PC a couple of months ago after Ubisoft gave it away free (and I'd always heard it was one of the best in the series), but for some reason performance was utterly terrible despite my machine being no slouch, so I gave up on it. :(

Soldato
I've still never properly played an AC game, I do keep meaning to! I started Black Flag on the PC a couple of months ago after Ubisoft gave it away free (and I'd always heard it was one of the best in the series), but for some reason performance was utterly terrible despite my machine being no slouch, so I gave up on it. :(

Buy an Xbox and play them....... :)

Soldato
I just started playing Orgins, I've had it for months but never got round to playing it as I heard it was good, never played an AC game before...Wow, I love this - Really hooked on it

So, hoping Odyssey is better!

Had to find out what the synchronisation/desynch means though as I was lost!!

Soldato
Sounds like an improved Origins by the sound of it? I've got 10 days off work so tempted to just hash it out.

One thing that annoyed me in Origins was the whole stealth part of AC felt like it had completely gone in, is that still the case?

Soldato
Sounds like an improved Origins by the sound of it? I've got 10 days off work so tempted to just hash it out.

One thing that annoyed me in Origins was the whole stealth part of AC felt like it had completely gone in, is that still the case?
I can't comment on the stealth bit as origins was the first creed game I've played,all I got to say it the best game I've ever played and actually completed.

Associate
Picked this up at the weekend having not completed Origins due to other things going on and wasn't really caught up on the idea of Medjay being the 'origin' of the Assassins but I liked the path that Ubi were taking it with the storytelling and combat experience. Saw this one was an Athens/Spartan setting which seems much better suited to the assassin canon and so far this hasn't disappointed!

The story has engaged me and the combat is challenging in the 'Dynasty Warriors' style when its crowd combat - really suits the game well.

Trying not to add spoilers but once out at sea I had a Tier 2 bounty after wrecking some small Merchant Ships and an epic ship was sent to hunt me and the crew down, I smashed the ship to pieces and decided I'd give boarding the ship a go. I was suddenly presented with about 30 mobs and 4 Epic warriors to face and the hardest mob having an immediate poison weapon. Needless to say the second wind perk was working overtime as well as dodging and parrying every attack. There was a genuine sense of challenge and respect fighting with this guy for what seemed like 10 minutes or so and so much so I Spartan kicked him as the final blow and offered my hand for him to join my crew.

Hoping to get this done before RDR2 but I'd even go as far as saying I'd be happy to complete this before picking that up.

Shawrey

Soldato
Polygon is a pretty trash website and will post any old tripe for hits.

Well, Worth A Buy on Youtube talked about it and said it's rubbish that the game has the option available. He still went on to say that he loved the game, which is odd. I don't like the idea and I can't believe that this is the way that we're headed. Games really aren't what they used to be...

Having said that, I didn't play Origins, and I'm intrigued at how this would play on the back of the WAB review. I may pick this up when it drops in price, but as it was when Origins came out, I don't feel like this should be called "Assassin's Creed" because that doesn't seem to apply anymore, but I can see that they want to keep the name for marketing reasons...

Soldato
To be honest, if there are going to be micro-transactions then I think boosters are less offensive than locking off weapons, quests, etc. I'd prefer none at all but the sad reality is they create a lot of revenue for minimal effort so I think they're here to stay.

Back
Top Bottom