Assassin's Creed - Valhalla

Soldato
tbh I think the game looks great on the PS5 as it is. 60fps is huge in open world games, I will keep it at 60fps dynamic resolution. I am loving Odyssey but yeah the frame rate can take a hit at times on the PS4. It's a lot nicer to play on the PS5 because it is 30 fps solid but it's obviously not as nice as Valhalla @ 60fps.

Soldato
aye; if the the sole difference in visual quality is the resolution scaling i'm more than happy with pre-patch mode. I can't tell the difference when is scales anyway and it looks fantastic to my tired blinkers!

Caporegime
Anybody tried the new 'quality' preset for this? Runs like an absolute dog, feels less than 30fps although thats probably just my eyes after playing in the default option (performance).

Soldato
Anybody tried the new 'quality' preset for this? Runs like an absolute dog, feels less than 30fps although thats probably just my eyes after playing in the default option (performance).

I read that the patch has made the PS5 performance much worse than before. I'll leave quality mode alone I think.

Soldato
I read the same thing from DF and would completely disagree with them.
I'm still running in performance mode and the overall looks, feels and performance have certainly not degraded with the latest patch.

Soldato
Ive just finished conquering all of England, is that game over? As still not

Still not dealt with king alfred as he fled, and not finished killing all the order guys, top 3 and main guy still undiscovered. Think ive finished the asgard bit as killed fenrir and no more missions there

Associate
How do the graphics compare to Odyssey. Will be getting on ps5. Bit concerned about pop-in. Is it an issue that takes away from immersion?

Soldato
How do the graphics compare to Odyssey. Will be getting on ps5. Bit concerned about pop-in. Is it an issue that takes away from immersion?
I've not noticed but I don't really look for it. Its the best looking AC game on console by a mile. Playing in performance mode.

Anyone else having a problem with the emergency aim skill? Mine seems to jump about when I get detected and pull out my bow, see below...

https://youtu.be/r0kHsS5VlvY

Very odd mine isn't doing that. Are you using rest mode? Try a full system restart.

Last edited:
Associate
Very odd mine isn't doing that. Are you using rest mode? Try a full system restart.

Console is always fully powered down, never use rest mode. I can't see many other people having the problem. Gonna try an uninstall/reinstall and if that doesn't work, try and get in touch with Ubisoft about it.

Soldato
Ive just finished conquering all of England, is that game over? As still not

Still not dealt with king alfred as he fled, and not finished killing all the order guys, top 3 and main guy still undiscovered. Think ive finished the asgard bit as killed fenrir and no more missions there

I'm trying not to read spoiler, but I'm wondering about story progression and levelling

I moaned in another thread that while I prefer odyssey for most part, origins was far better in terms of levelling and story.

Origins really felt like it built up to something, and had some decent sections where it really felt you were playing part in something larger going on. Also, it just didn't force you to spend ages levelling up just to proceed with story side of things.

Odyssey has split things up. I honestly expected the defeat of the cultists to be tied to the story, but not so. Also, at no point did it feel like it was building to anything much, and then I'd completed the 'story' and it was such a fizzle i had to Google whether i had actually just completed it. And then there is that forced levelling that it really feels like much more of a grind

I'm hoping valhalla is bit more like origins, but I think i may be more accepting of latter if i know it going in.

Soldato
I'm trying not to read spoiler, but I'm wondering about story progression and levelling

I moaned in another thread that while I prefer odyssey for most part, origins was far better in terms of levelling and story.

Origins really felt like it built up to something, and had some decent sections where it really felt you were playing part in something larger going on. Also, it just didn't force you to spend ages levelling up just to proceed with story side of things.

Odyssey has split things up. I honestly expected the defeat of the cultists to be tied to the story, but not so. Also, at no point did it feel like it was building to anything much, and then I'd completed the 'story' and it was such a fizzle i had to Google whether i had actually just completed it. And then there is that forced levelling that it really feels like much more of a grind

I'm hoping valhalla is bit more like origins, but I think i may be more accepting of latter if i know it going in.
Levelling system is completely different and more fair than Odyssey I think. I'm 38 hours in and I've never felt like I had to grind side missions to get to the right level. The story here is better held together than Odyssey aswell. I agree Bayek's story in Origins was the better of the last two. Both had great settings and this is great too once you get away from the snow.

Soldato
Levelling system is completely different and more fair than Odyssey I think. I'm 38 hours in and I've never felt like I had to grind side missions to get to the right level. The story here is better held together than Odyssey aswell. I agree Bayek's story in Origins was the better of the last two. Both had great settings and this is great too once you get away from the snow.

That's reassuring, thanks. In that case will probably get stuck into this over xmas

Back
Top Bottom